Thursday, May 4, 2023

Thursday, I am in trouble


 I am in trouble with Sissie because I am not emailing, and I am not blogging.  But no matter how hard I try I am constantly interrupted by clients, the phone, clients, the phone, clients..... We won't even talk about grandkids because they are just too much fun.

My grandkids are my tether and I so need one these days.

Here is Kelsa after she played with Owl (Oliver) all day.  She is wiped out.  I love how she crosses her legs like a grown up.

Our youngest daughter Braunwyn bought her dad a flight for Christmas.  Nathan and William were able to use it and it was so cute because William was so excited.  I asked him if he saw Grandpa.

Isn't this the sweetest picture? I love it.

I really locked down the shop Monday afternoon and said NO MORE WORK.


Anyone who calls is put off until either the 15th or the end of the month.  I still have clients that just show up but I have even sent them packing. Just please come back at a later date.

I was feeling pretty powerful and good about myself late Monday afternoon after saying no quite a few times. 

 This pickup pulls into driveway and I swear it took 15 minutes for this old man to get out of the truck and up my walkway.  He had an arm in a sling, an artificial leg, and an eye patch.  I am not making this up.  He hollered at me when he got to the steps that he was deaf, so I had to talk loudly.  (Surprise, surprise).  He had a plastic bag with some pants and a shirt, and he needed them as soon as possible for his mother's funeral.  (Making me wonder, "How old it his Mother?") He then asked if I was a dry cleaner.  Well no but I was a seamstress.  Good as he needed his pants hemmed and the drycleaner had sent him to my place.  But he also needed his white shirt washed and pressed.  Heavy sigh.  Why God oh Why?  I mean it I can't make this stuff up.

Monday night found me scrubbing, some kind of something out of his shirt and then washing it and ironing it. Tuesday morning, he txt to say he was suffering from low blood sugar and would be a little late for pickup.  This is what happens when I say I am not taking in any more work!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I have altered 5 wedding dresses and 8 other dresses since Monday.  Today I have done a dress and I am working on another wedding dress. Still have 10 more wedding dresses in the shop, but will take no mare until the end of the month.

Well unless the bride shows up with a wooden leg and an eye patch.  I am just a softy for an eye patch.


Kim still grieving but with scissors in hand.


By the way Slugs sent me a pair of Gugenhiem dress shears!!!! For someone who espouses frugality that is quite the gift.  They are gorgeous and I just cut through two layers of leather (motorcross pants, ) like butter.  I am almost afraid to use them.  Like I think maybe I should mount them for display. Also I will never catch Joel cutting sand paper or wire with these, so there might be an upside to this widow business.  

Okay sis are you happy now?  You old witch. 

20 comments:

  1. You made me grin my dear. Have a great weekend. God bless you!
    Thanks for visiting me at Harvest Lane Cottage,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids look so cute - I bet the flight was a ball.
    You have been one busy lady - my goodness. I probably couldn't have turned the older fellow down either. Does make you wonder moms age though!!!! LOL
    Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandkids are so cute! You made me laugh out loud at your parting comment to your sister. Sisters are hilarious!!! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been around in while (maybe a long while...), so first off you have my deepest condolences on your loss of Joel. Secondly, you made me laugh out load. It's good to see that through it all you haven't lost your sense of humor. Thirdly, those grands are so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can say this now. I had a friend whose husband died of a heart attack at age 36. She was 32 and had very small children. Several years later, she said being a widow had lots of perks. They will roll in, I suppose, one perk at a time.
    My ex and kids and siblings had no respect for my sewing scissors! Siblings were young children, but I doubt they respected them when they were adults.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I know Joel did not respect mine!

      Delete
    2. My brother said it was just one small piece of wire. We were teens. Yes, I had expensive sewing scissors when I was a teen.

      Delete
  6. What gorgeous grand babies! They keep us all sane.
    Good for your sister kicking a$$ and taking names. We all need a push sometimes.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay Sissy you are back on my like list! Now keep it up! The Oldest Witch of Endor and I carry this title with pride! Sissy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am laughing so hard I have tears. I bet y’all have hilarious family dinners! Cindy in the South

      Delete
  8. Good for the old witch... she can join me as that's what my kids call me on a regular bases. LOL. I used to place a store bought CLOSED sign for my front door. I took in laundry and ironing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO good to hear from you, but sounds like we have Sissy to thank for that :-) Very happy to hear that you have the grandkids to ground you, and that you are closing the store, minus anyone with an eye patch. I think that's a reasonable disclaimer. But, really, you were very sweet to help the guy out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I laughed my head off. Softy for an eye patch (not to mention a wooden leg), huh? I will have to remember that. Hugs and love, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made me laugh out loud, Kim. Good to see you still have your sense of humor. 😜

    ReplyDelete