Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Tuesday, Pennies from heaven

 

Before Joel and I went on our cruise last December, we went and spent a few days with Sissie. Joel was a walker and took a long walk every day.  He knew of my love of finding coins and he would often bring me home change he had found. 

One of the days we were at Sis's he came home after a walk and said that I needed to go with him as he had found something that would make me happy.  So, we took off and close to a shopping center there was a rock bed that someone had thrown a handful of bright shiny new pennies.  They were down amoungst the rocks and when I found them all there were 13.  We laughed about it and he knew I would be thrilled so he let me find them.

The morning of his passing, we came out of the hospital into the beautiful bright sunshine of Christmas morning and right between my feet was a bright shiny new penny.  I picked it up and thought, I bet Joel put that there.  I know it is silly, but it made me happy.

Yesterday was a very, very bad day.  I won't go into it, but just know that it was probably the worst day since he passed.  

Today I found out the conflict has been resolved, but only after having a nervous breakdown yesterday to get it resolved.  So, I went out to refill my soda cup after the resolving phone call and what did I find but these two bright shiny pennies down in the rocks just like I found in D. C. at my sisters. Again, silly but I took it that Joel was telling me things are okay now.  All accounts are where they are supposed to be, and I will be fine.  No more paperwork, no more disturbing phone calls. 

I did get some cleaning done, but very little also not as much sewing as I would like.  So grateful I cut off new work, as work I had already agreed to do keeps coming in.  In fact, I have 4 new bridesmaid dresses and a pair of wedding pants that came in yesterday.  So, you can see why I needed to cut off.

I ran out of copper polish so no more polishing until my Amazon order comes in, that is a break.

Also did you know that Mc Donalds has raised they $1.00 diet cokes to $1.39 here?  It is a tragedy I tell you at least for me.  So it is back to the station that will refill your giant soda every day for $9.99 a month. It is this gas station where I found my two pennies.

SO today, no cleaning until I have 4 more pairs of pants done, and two wedding dresses.  In fact, one of the dresses will be picked up this afternoon.  Yikes!

Kim

29 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had such a bad day, but it's good to read things (at least financially) are starting to settle. Sending love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry yesterday was such a bad day but not silly at all about the pennies. I believe in little signs like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a melt down too over the last week(which you might have noticed from my blog).
    I still remember in Boston Common, Joel dropping $20 bills in front of my path to find. lolz If someone pisses you off anymore just take those new pair of scissors to their (insert body part). ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you had such a bad day. I am one who truly believes in signs. Whatever it may be, sometimes things happen just when you need it. Maybe a sign from our loves or from God - whichever - they help.
    My McD just finally started charging 1.29 for large drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post really warms my heart. I do believe in signs. I'm sorry you had such a bad day yesterday. Sending my hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad yesterday is behind you! Here's to better days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad yesterday is over for you. And that you are out of copper polish ;). I have given away or sold all my high maintenance stuff like silver, glass, artsy things to put on tables etc. I just don’t have the interest in dusting or cleaning them. A friend got a bunch of fake plants and I just marveled at the work it would take to dust them…Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I despise fake plants, but I have a lot of chotzkies mostly inherited.

      Delete
  8. Finding money is always a good thing. At least the accounts of which you speak are fixed. I suppose it is a good thing you ran out of copper polish. Sewing will never stop, I suppose.
    I doubt that granite particulate is good for your lungs or for the littles' lungs! I just thought of that.
    Sewing sounds like more fun than cleaning as long as you don't have a nervous breakdown. Just keep a stiff spine and turn it down before it stresses you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a bad asthma attack after and went to my daughters until it all setteled.

      Delete
  9. So sorry for the bad day. Hey I found a shiny penny on my walk today and we no longer use pennies in Canada. I would like to think it was my Mom and Dad saying I was doing an awesome job. I am sure Joel is looking down and saying the same thing to you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jre I too believe in signs. My nephew died last month at 42 and he said his sign would be an eagle. It would mean he was ok. Can’t believe the number of and weird sightings of eagles. In fact I was talking to my daughter as they were driving home from the funeral and she was saying their minister had said angels aren’t waiting to come back as a sign and I said no not meaning that way, just a sign…… blah blah. She called me back in two minutes saying “an eagle was just swooping in front of us” on the interstate! And that the way it kind of hung by their car was crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had always heard when you find a white feather it means angels are visiting. We have no white birds native to my area , but right after Dad died I was out in the back yard and right in front of me was a white feather. Coincidence? Maybe but it did give me peace.
    Now do not worry about dust or shining copper, or anything else except sewing, resting and of course Diet Coke (with a doughnut chaser)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I believe in signs, too. If it brings you comfort, embrace it.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have started following Daddy's advice. When someone was mean or what ever towards him, he would tell them he would pray hard for them. Said once, only once the person asked him why he would pray for him. He said I can't solve what is causing you this pain/anger/ sadness but I can pray to GOD that can.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE your penny story! Joel wanted you to know he was nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My dear friend, I am sorry for yesterday. Your husband most certainly reached across eternity and let you know he was right with you. Thank you for sharing your story today. It validates my belief as well. The last place we took my daddy before he passed was a little Italian pizza shop.He loved it there! The first time I went there after he passed, I was having a hard time. I got up to go get something, and right there in front of me on the carpet? A bright shiny penny. : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had found pennies, plus quarters. Then I noticed a dime I the center panel of his car that I now mostly use. I hadn't noticed it for well over a month, but it had to have been there. I guess signs are what we attribute to them. Comfort when we need it. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete