Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Wednesday, lots to say!

     First of all thank you to Sluggy for kicking my butt, when I went to update my list her threat was there and I am telling you I went outside to finish the front yard watering and weeded the whole long flower bed in front I was so scared.  Now I did not clean up the weeds, but it is a good start.  I did a little sewing yesterday and a little ironing, and this morning I picked up the mailers for the studio so those will be done and in the mail tonight.

     I took the car into the shop yesterday and was really worried it was going to be something expensive. I had not tightened the gas cap correctly....  So no charge.  Can you believe that?  What a blessing, I am gas cap deficient. Who knew?

     Just have to keep myself motivated. The triple digit weather has something to do with it I am sure.  But it was in the low 90's by yesterday evening so I could weed without dieing and Hub's finished mowing the back lawn.  I picked all the garden produce yesterday so I won't have to go out today.  When you start picking tomatoes and canning it just took me until about 3 p.m. to get everything done and cleaned up.  I will have to can again in a few days as I have enough picked to do at least 4 more quarts and when I get enough to do 7 I will be back at it.

     We had fresh tomato,cucumber salad last night with English cucumbers in vinegar and egg salad on home made bread for dinner.  Tonight we will finish salad have more cucumbers and Kielbasa.  Just trying to keep it simple and cool, hubs comes home so hot.

     Sometimes I wonder if all this time consuming gardening and cooking really saves money.  Does all my penny pinching really matter?  I don't go to the grocery store and spend a great deal of money and this seems to be the only way I can really save in my budget, as the bills stay pretty constant.  I can't make the car payment less money.

     I am going to spend the majority of my time in the shop today, maybe I will play a game with my ironing as it is taking over and soon will engulf the house.


Have a great and productive day!

Kim

3 comments:

  1. I am sure your hard work totally pays off. Think about how much it would be to buy a qt of tomatoes. We make our own pasta sauce, and the canned tomatoes we buy are $2 for a 28 oz can if they aren't on sale. We usually make 4-5 cans worth at a time...so if I bought them full price (which I rarely do...I stock up when they go on sale for 59 cents!)...it would be $8-$10 for sauce! And yours is a fraction of that...and probably even better!

    Now get to that ironing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it does save money. But it also gives you satisfaction that it's homegrown and you also know exactly what goes on your table and what went into growing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you're saving money!! Good job!
    As for Sluggy kicking butt from afar... it's TRUE!!! She CAN!

    ReplyDelete