Thursday, February 25, 2016

Thursday, Costumes fit!

     It is always a mystery when you are making a pattern from a garment.  But my first suit fit great so I am onto the next phase.  High school boys are so different from girls.  Girls are dingy but not about costumes.  Boys would come out on stage in their underoo's if you let them.

     When I first went to take measurements and  needs I was supposed to make 3 blue sailor tops and 4 pair of blue pants.  Only one pair of white pants.  Now these same boys need 3 white tops, 2 white pants and only two full suits of blue.  So glad I check and recheck.  The blues have to have three rows of tiny trim set on them.  What a pain.  I am tearing trim off of old antique blues and replacing it.  Also a pain.  So the blues are done and I am onto the white which I do not have to trim I do believe I will run out of fabric.  Oh well that has happened before.

     Eldest called and they have her C-section planned for April 11 which is Hub's and my 37 anniversary so that is nice. Still waiting to hear from Number 2.  As it is her first who knows?

     Little sister ran mom to death yesterday.  It was so nice not to have to worry about her.  Although I will always worry.

     I have sailor costumes and a bride dress and lots of alterations to get done so I had better be off.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! You have a busy day ahead of you today! Go to it woman!

    ReplyDelete