Friday, December 24, 2021

Friday, Christmas Eve, we made it!


 The outdoor tree is set, and the candles are ready to light when it gets dark.

Gifts are wrapped, seafood is thawing, kids are coming, house is clean for now and I think I am ready for Christmas.  I actually started to get the Christmas spirit last night, late when everyone was in bed, and I was making a batch of caramel.

The girls will arrive early, and I will put them to work.

On the menu:

fennel salad

Brussel sprouts roasted

asparagus roasted

oyster stew

oysters on the 1/2 shell

boiled cod in butter and wine sauce

Large shrimp in the shell

Crab

relish tray

cheese ball and crackers and sausage

Some don't eat oysters, and that is fine.  There will be plenty of leftovers for tomorrow.

I do not cook a big dinner on Christmas day, we celebrate on Christmas eve.

I will get up about 5 tomorrow morning to put together a bread sponge, then I will make orange rolls and we will drive to Daughter's and celebrate Christmas morning with gifts. Braunwyn and Dan have to both work tomorrow, so we will have then open their gifts tonight. I will drop orange rolld off at the plant for B.

Then a quiet afternoon, and maybe a nap.

All of you have a Merry, Merry Christmas.

Kim


11 comments: