Friday, December 31, 2021

Friday, Last Day of the Year!


 I got a lot of smiles from you guys this year, and a few tears, but more smiles than tears so that is positive.

We have had no snow today, but the sun in shining and it is 20 degrees.  It is just beautiful out.

I ran to Joanns and they had buy three get three free items in sewing notions.  It was actually a good deal, so I restocked my bobbins as this new machine uses a different size bobbin.  (of course).  I will not be giving away my old machine or the bobbins that go with it. I will continually have a spare working machine. If I had, had my old spare I would not have had to buy a new machine.  If I had at least kept the bobbins, I would not be buying new.  Drat! and double drat!

I decided to have twice baked potatoes, and baked cod in browned breadcrumbs, beets  and a tossed salad for dinner.  Thinking of making a blueberry tart as I have a ton of frozen blueberries, but will have to run out and get some vanilla ice cream to go with it.

Hubs is finally in from blowing snow and we have birds flocking all over the trees in back waiting for me to fill the feed trays.  Mom is enjoying, identifying all the birds that are coming to eat. She has Hub's bird book and is looking them up as they land.  We do live with in a huge bird sanctuary here in the valley, so it is a great place to bird watch.

Tomorrow we have to get up early and get on the rode to take mom to Grangeville to meet up with her ride to Nampa. It is 1.5 hours up there and Hub's and I will do the missionary run while we are at it to save on gas.  We just found out the Grangeville sister missionaries have covid, so will not be going there, but I plan on dropping a get well box on there porch while we are in town.  The church makes them quarantine for 10  days even if they are not sick.

We should get home about noon and then the kids are coming to sled the hills down here in the afternoon and we are keeping Kelsa and Schmills, overnight.

Our church time changes with the new year.  We were going at 9 a.m. to 11am. This year it is from Noon to 2:00 pm.  I like mornings better, as it gives you the day to nap and such, but I also like sleeping in, which we will not be able to do with the grand kids.  Oh well, having the grand kids is a good trade off.  Plus it gives me the chance of making a big breakfast once in a while. 

I am excited for the New Year. Although I believe that COVID will be with us until next Christmas.  It will be winding down, but we will still have outbreaks through out the year.  All we can do in endure this together, which will make it easier.

Have a lovely New Years Eve. Any plans or fun? Any good food? Inquiring minds want to know?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

16 comments:

  1. You have made me smile this year!! I hope you have a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love visiting here. I hope you were given smiles when you were sad. We tried.
    I hope we all stay well and con continue to visit and enlighten each other for another year at least.
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  3. No fun, no food, no treats...unless Tommy can manage it. I cannot remember anything! Too sick! I will manage to cook blackeyed peas and some other stuff.

    I bought a Singer in 1964 when I went to school. In the 90s, I bought an identical one from the estate of my neighbor so I would have one to cannibalize. I will not be without a machine, ever. It was one of the last Singer's made with metal gears from Germany.

    I was visiting a nursing home to see a friend's wife. In several rooms, the occupants had sewing machine! I asked and was told that the people who lived there could bring their machines.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to say that in 2020, I decided I would be wearing a mask until at least the end of 2022, at least! I stand by that and might extend it longer.

      Delete
    2. YEs those god old metal innards machines were work horses.

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year to my blog friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year with the hope that 2022 brings you all the good blessings you deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I "ate" black eyed peas but they tasted just like cole slaw. lolz Let's make 2022 the best yet. What trip are we going on next??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn SLug, I am trying to save money here and there you go tempting me. Go ahead tempt me again.

      Delete
  7. You bring plenty of smiles yourself sweetie. Blessed Be

    ReplyDelete