Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Tuesday, Shortest day of the year!


 I had to read the blogs to realize this was the Solstice. Usually I am aware, but this year I am certainly off.  From now on every day will be a little longer, and that makes me so happy.  I love the sun and the long days of Spring.

This is why I blog.  You all remind me of things I need to be thankful for. Longer days coming.


As I run around like a chicken with my head cut off, I am so grateful for all the relationships I have on the blogs.  I feel like I have a support group behind me, even though I am sure many of you would like to hog tie me so I would slow down a bit.

Aunt BB showed up last night and Schmills was thrilled.  We got all the cookies decorated and of course he helped.  When I was not paying close attention, he put the yellow food coloring into the bowl and he put way too much.  It was this horrid calf scour yellow.  The whole bowl, it could not be used, we had a good laugh. The red/green and white were fine, but that yellow had to go.

So Aunt BB, has been here all day with the kids, and she is getting the roast I planned for dinner done for me.  I was able to take about 1/2 my cookie trays to people and after I meet with a client I will deliver the others and then I can get a few more errands done and I can spend the evening sewing. I will have no kids, and dinner will be done.  Yeah!

I think I can do this!!!!!

Feeling a little more positive about life. Blessings:

1. baking done for now

2. Aunt BB here with kids

3. Aunt BB making dinner for tonight

4. It is the shortest day of the year and tomorrow will be a few minutes longer

5. I have 1/2 my trays delivered

6. all of you keeping me up right now, I know it is a big responsibility but gosh do I need it.

Things to get done today if possible:

1. Deliver the rest of the cookies

2. get neighbor to food bank

3. mail last Christmas letter

4. put away all Christmas baking things

5. alter a pair of pants

6. make  Lil sister's pillow covers

7. wrap Lil sis's Christmas gifts and deliver to her

8. alter 4 pairs of pants

9. mend three shirts

10. alter a pile of clothes

11. alter a dress

12. alter a pile of clothes

13.hem three pairs of pants 

14. patch a coat

15. taper two pairs of pants

16. alter a pair of pants

Now I don't know how much I can get done today, but I feel like I can make a start and I already have.

I can do this, I will do what I can and only what I can today.

Had a nice long talk with Slug last night and she always cheers me up.  Miss her, but boy can she make me laugh!

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like Aunt BB was a big help. Can’t beat that. :) As for the other things, you can do it! You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh she was, it was so nice. I feel like I might make it today, just have to attack the sewing room.

      Delete
  2. You give all of us smile's Kim. I know yesterday felt I've overwhelming, but you tackled it and with help is AOK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Signe' asked if the kids could stay last night and I said NO! I need a good night's sleep, and they are back today, but I had the evening to sew. It was very nice.

      Delete
  3. It is good to have help__better to use it when it is available!
    I hope you have the most marvelous Christmas yet.
    I feel bad because I don't have to hurry about anything. I might not even vacuum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I was behind for the holiday, but I am very proud of you to have nothing to do, which means you are much more organized than I.

      Delete
  4. Glad you have some help. You sure keep busy. Cookie decorating with little ones can sure be fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a hoot I tell you,Williams idea of decorations were quite scary. All monster cookies. SO funny.

      Delete
  5. Even when you think you haven't been productive, you get so much more done than some. I'm so glad you had help yesterday, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also needed it, I was getting quite grouchy, and I am usually not grouchy.

      Delete