Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Wednesday, Love my bloggy friends


 I finally finished another chart, and it will definitely be the last for the year. This one seemed to take forever, but the shop has been slow, and I have been spending money on Christmas and death. A little sick humor always helps.

Mom is here (hub's mom) and she is such a joy.  She brought her fruit cake which by the way is very good. The only fruitcake I have ever thought was good.  She also brought her raisin filled cookies, which my kids love.  We had to hide them from hubs already, and he had had his hand slapped when reaching for the fruitcake in the fridge.

Went to the eye doctor and got good news, no sign of macular degeneration, or glaucoma, which runs in the family.  Macula blinded my grandmother and my mom. But the Sjogren's is causing my eyes to have a cataract affect.  The surface is severely dry and scratched, causing me to look out a frosted, scrapped window.  So new eye drops are supposed to clear it up in a few weeks.

My stomach issues are not resolved, but I am trying to eat high fiber, no nuts or seeds, and almost all liquid diet. Are caramels part of a liquid diet?  Like do they turn to a liquid like a milkshake? Asking for a friend.

I did get 5 pairs of pants hemmed late last night it took me less than an hour, but I did do it.  Hurrah! Also got most of the things done on my list so I was very proud to me.


Here is Oliver sneaking a Christmas cookie.  How cute is that? These are the old chairs that came from Sweden, I made the cushions and painted the table and then covered the tabletop with wallpaper and a plastic topper.  It looks really cute in their apartment.  It was for daughter's birthday, and she loves it. Look at his little tip toes.  I am going to frame a copy of this for my Christmas decor.

My youngest daughter just started baking, and she called me for copies of my mother's recipe's. I was so happy. She has never done this before. These girls need to learn all these skills, so I can pass some of this baking on to them, don't you think?



Oliver eating grandma's spaghetti.  I will go get Oliver this evening, as it is supposed to snow tomorrow, and I don't want to brave those roads. Plus, I have mom and Hub's here so plenty of help.

Now that my vision is clearing, I am on my way to Lil sis' with mom to make caramels, and toffee.  I made a large batch of sugar cookie dough last night to get cold in the fridge. I dropped it at Lil sis's earlier before my appointment. Lil sis has a gas stove, and I am not going to try and make caramels again on my stove.

By the way, poor Slug cannot leave the country without Sis and I having a heart attack. This is what happens when you are declared the third twin.

Thanks for all the support, guys, I feel more myself today.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are int the negative.



Kim

21 comments:

  1. Glad you are doing better. What a darling picture! Yes, that should be framed.
    You sure keep busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just catching up on your posts Kim. Sorry to read about your digestive issues - it could well be stress my friend - you have had alot to deal with this past year. I am pleased you have no macular - my Mum is almost blind with hers & its hereditary so I get mine checked often too. That is the sweetest pic of Oliver & I would definately frame that too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if we can make it to 70 we should be okay. It rarely hits after 70.

      Delete
  3. Adorable pics of Oliver. I hope your stomach issues heal fast Kim. I haven't started any baking yet. I don't even know what I want to make. I'm not gonna bother with too much baking since it's just us. Have fun at Lil Sis's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun and I left her with a real mess that I heard about today! :)

      Delete
  4. That table you covered is BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you it is just wall paper attached to the table top. I thought it turned out real cute.

      Delete
  5. My doctor told me to stay on a liquid diet for some test. I asked if Hershey's kisses left in my mouth until they melted could be counted as liquid. I got a resounding NO. My macula is puckering and pulling the lens or something from the back of my eye. It is scary. You don't need your vision ruined! since you cannot sew or cook half blind. I am glad you are happy with mil there and I know she is, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart melted a bit with that picture of Oliver! I'm so happy having your MIL visit is a joy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love that picture of Oliver, reaching for the cookies. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a cute picture one that I am going to make into a framed picture.

      Delete
  8. Such a cute picture. Definitely would frame and display every Christmas. You sound a bit better. Don't do too much. Just enjoy the moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be perfect if I could get my intestines to cooperate. But I think they are getting better.

      Delete
  9. Glad you got another chart filled. I’m glad your feeling better too. Cute pic of Oliver getting the cookie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it is very slow here, so I need to start another chart today as I have I think $80.00 to put on a new one.

      Delete
  10. I am eagerly awaiting my corn flake crumbs......*snort*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which you will get late as I am so behind. They might show up for your birthday. Oh your birthday I would love to come out. Could we fake an emergency....

      Delete
    2. Hey! I'm Rasputin....what organ shall I have removed(besides my sarcasm bone)so you can come visit?

      Delete