Sunday, July 12, 2020

Sunday, I over did it

     I did not sleep well Friday night and we stated to clean the garage about 11:00.  It was due to be 95 today but we would be in the shade of the garage so I was not worried.  It was dusty awful spidery work.  I knew it would be.  We cleaned all the walls and the ceiling and vacuumed every nook and crannie.  I wiped down everything I could get my hands on and sorted out another pile for our handyman.  we gave away two dressers that were outside and have truckload to go to the dump.

     I worked hard until about 4 as I had the missionaries coming for a bbq.   I did not realize that I had forgotten to eat as I was drinking water all day long. When I got inside I ran a quick bath and jumped in then had to dry my hair and set it.  All of this was hot and I was hot and sweaty anyway.  In fact my hair looked like I had washed it before I got in the tub .  It was soaked from sweat.  I started to feel woozy and light headed and then I had an attack of diarrhea (TMA) and the dry heaves.  So I laid down.  My face was bright red Like I had sunburned myself.  I was not able to make a homemade shortcake I had planned to put in the oven while we ate.  I barely had the energy to eat.  Hubs had to do most of the work.  I felt bad.  But I think it was a touch of heat sickness.

     Still am not feeling my best.  Just too much hard work in the heat.  I cooked a nice breakfast but did not enjoy eating it.  I just want to lay down.  Last night I had a hard time sleeping even though I was exhausted.

     We did get the garage nice and clean and things are organized for our move.  I have all the paint for the different rooms labeled and any tile or extras needed for replacements in a box for the new owners.  This is starting o become real my friends.

     Hubs and I are going to watch some church on TV and then I think I will take a nap.  I need one.

Have a peaceful and restful Sabbath

Kim  

15 comments:

  1. I know you are younger than I, but us old folks have to watch out for the heat. The sweaty hair I am familiar with because I have had that happen to me. Please remember to drink water even if you are not thirsty. Once you become thirsty, you are dehydrated. It sounds like the move is getting real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound like you got sick from the heat, Kim. I'm glad you were able to get it all clean. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I just thought well I am in the shade and that did not make a difference.

      Delete
  3. My dear is always overdo. You got heat stroke. Your body is telling you to slow down Kim. Please listen to it..... I don't want to lose you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know I just don't listen to the signs. How are you doing?

      Delete
  4. Take care of yourself Kim ... it definately sounds like you are overdoing it. I know there's loads to do but if you go down in a heap - nothing will get done. Take care my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I am afraid of, let me tell you.

      Delete
  5. I ended up in the ER 3 times over that... drink water ever 10 min ... and rotate it with juice or something with sugar.... eat a snack every 2 hrs . (I never eat while working) and take breaks even in SHADE every 30 min for 5-10 min.Pinch the back of your hand, it the skin doesn't go right back down you are dehydrated.. last doctor in ER told me it was the fastest way to check also dry mouth is another.

    LESSON LEARNED....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I will not be doing that again. As we will be moving in the hottest time of the year I am going to be much more careful.

      Delete
  6. Please rest up & take care of yourself! That sounds miserable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, I was wiped out Sunday also, did not even take a walk although it was beautiful.

      Delete
  7. So sorry. Hope you are feeling better. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That really sound slike you over did it. I hope the next jobs are less taxing on your body.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello I’m ashley Cowen, I want to say a special thanks to Dr. CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME for helping me get cured from Genital Herpes, I was tested Positive 9years ago, I contacted him based on the testimonies I’m seeing about him on the internet, I was cured too by him, thank you so much sir Dr. CHUKWU MADU, kindly contact him today through his email he can help you, dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com . He’s waiting to help you.
    Warmest Regards his whatsapp number  +2347030936239. He treat his patients like himself. His herbs are very powerful.

    ReplyDelete