Thursday, August 13, 2020

I just have to finish something...

      I have 4 wedding dresses to go out tomorrow and I can't seem to finish any of them.  Had to run to Joanns for cording.  I was going to finish a couple last night after we got home from the food bank but that kicked my butt.

    I thought they said we were doing dried potatoes but we bagged 5 lb bags of pears. I think between 10 of us we did 8000 lbs in 2 hours.  It was fast hard backbreaking work.  I was ready for bed after we picked up the boys from Lil sis's.

     Just got a call from the realtor looks like possible closing next Friday but I am not holding my breath.I am just appalled by the whole situation.  I know my agent has been losing sleep and weight over it.  I wish I could lose weight over it.  Did someone say donut?

    I just have to put a bustle in one dress and then steam.  Another needs to be steamed.  I have another that needs a bustle and for me to finish up the lace hand work on the sides.  First I have to remember to shorten two pairs of pants.  Then I have another wedding dress that I have not touched that needs a hem, a slit and some work done on the back and a bustle.  I also need to shorten a bridesmaid dress.

     Hubs took the boys out fishing this morning and they are due back any time starving I am sure. We are going up to B' tonight to show the boys their new cousin.  That baby is already changing.  He is filling out and I just want him to stay little.

I have to get in the shop.  It will be a relief to see four dresses out of here tomorrow.


Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim

 


     

9 comments:

  1. Hope the closing happens. Thinking good thoughts.
    My goodness, that was a lot of pears!!!!
    Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. Every time we got to the bottom of a huge crate they brought in another one.

      Delete
  2. Sending all kinds of good thoughts on the closing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope for you the closing goes off without any more hitches. Is it the Snot's again? Baby's grow so fast. I still have not seen our new great nephew in the flesh-I doubt they'll come this weekend to the cabin, but maybe a short visit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now his little head was bigger and he was filling out in a week. It killed me.

      Delete
  4. Holding a new baby is a wonderful experience. I wish you had a fairy coming in at night to help you finish things. Maybe the dish fairy has a cousin who is a sewing fairy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am telling you this has been a stressful week with dresses.

      Delete
  5. New babies change dramatically in a week! I am not crazy about newborns though, except for my own or any offspring of my own. I love them when they hit about 6 months old, but my all time favorite age is the terrible twos. I think they are their greatest then!
    Hope all the wedding dress work is just memories now

    ReplyDelete