Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Wednesday,The house is ours!

       We went in a signed additional papers to update the sale of the house yesterday and the house is titled and is ours.  Only 3 weeks after the first closing.  So one less thing to worry about. But don't worry as I replaced it with another worry, as worries must be kept at a constant level.

     D#2 just called and said baby may be here before the 28th so upsetting the schedule as usual.  I must sew today after running errands with Hubs. I have at least 3 wedding dresses and piles to get done before Friday.  Even if the baby came tonight she would be in the hospital for a few days.

     We also were able to get everything out of the storage unit and boy is the garage full.  I have taken another load to the second hand stores.

So happy we managed to save the one bookshelf that is slowly getting filled.  We keep coming in a rearranging things and getting rid of books both of us agree on.

This will be filed to capacity in no time.  We are going to get wood to build another for the family room that will go almost to the ceiling.  We also need to do something about music books.  That is for another days worry.  I down size music and I swear it has sex when I am not looking.

I am finding all sorts of things that I don't know what to do with but can't let go yet. Hoping one of the kids will take them.  I found some cute things for my new grand daughters (soon to be) room.


An assortment of things that have no home yet.  The Jim Shore mother goose and the ballet dancer vase will look great in new granddaughters room. Sissie bought me that dancer vase full of flowers and I treasure it, so I am happy it will have a new home. It is hard to get rid of memorabilia.

Well I am off to get errands done with hubs and then onto the sewing room.


Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new house! I am so glad that finally worked out, how nerve-wracking though.
    Hope new grandbaby arrives safely and in her own good time.
    Love the bookcase.
    Hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy, it was quite a relief for everyone.

      Delete
  2. Happy for you - one less worry.
    Baby will come in her time and God's.
    Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl, just opened a new jar of jam and thought of you and all your good advice.

      Delete
  3. What a headache off your brain! those babies just do not like to keep tour schedules do they! Your husband did a nice job on the book case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is good to not have to worry about that.

      Delete
  4. You have such a good sense of humour Kim ... you do make me laugh. Yes I do keep my worries at a constant level too!!! I think you are making great progress even if it doesn't seem like it to you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well "if you can laugh at it you can live with it" Old Swedish proverb.

      Delete
  5. Thankfully, the thinking about the house being finalized is over. It was stressing me, too...lol. I need a bookcase maker! I love the dancer vase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubs is making another bookcase for the family room, but it has to cool down for him to start. We got the wood yesterday.

      Delete
  6. Woo hoo! So happy you had the closing and now on to the more important things__babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Oliver is coming down Saturday and I cannot wait to squish him.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations! I know you are in a hurry to get the house just the way you want it, but give yourself time. The boxes will wait. Enjoy those grandbabies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is exciting to have new little ones. I am so grateful.

      Delete
  8. Hi Kim,
    Congratulations!!! Girl I wish I had your energy... I LOVE that book case, it's a a beautiful piece!.. I literally bust out laughing when you talked about the music having sex and multiplying. I feel the same way about my books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kid you not, music is crazy. I am constantly downsizing and it comes out of no where.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on your new house Kim! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess some where in all the moving and sewing you missed the memo that ADULTS follow baby schedule not the other way around? LOL.. Smile Kim, the boxes will still be there when you get back from baby care.

    ReplyDelete