Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Tuesday, slow and steady

      Yesterday hubs and I made two trips to the storage unit and I think we will be able to clean it out with two more trips.  I also took a load of things to good will.  I had no other choice.  We had no room for it.  One thing I did not take although I have way too many is canning jars.  I just don't trust the economy.  I trust I will have food here in Idaho, but I want a way to preserve it.

     Had a couple of people here yesterday to pick u and only did one bridesmaid dress.  Other than that it was slowly working on the house. It is very hot here 112 in downtown Lewiston, so even working in the garage is not possible for the long term.  Our other garage was a dug out in a basement with huge shade trees.  This one is no shade and no earth to surround it.  So hooter then he!!.  You know how I love the heat, so when I say it is too hot well....

     We are due down at the title company today to pay another $105.67 in city accrued fees and then resign some papers so maybe this house will be ours soon?  Hubs and I are going  up to the storage to move all the Christmas china down in the car.  I refuse to put it in the back of the truck. I will fill me car with as much as it will hold and then I think we can get it the rest this evening. One less bills to pay.

     We found a book case that hubs had made in the storage.  He made several for the girls as they grew up.  We were always a family of readers.  The girls all took their bookcases to college but we managed to save one!  So I washed and oiled it and it is perfect for the bedroom.


Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim


10 comments:

  1. Don't get rid of any canning jars - those are gold!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and I want to stock up on lids and seals no matter the price.

      Delete
  2. I understand you wanting to get everything done, but please cut yourself a little slack! You have all kinds of stuff happening all around you and it takes precedent over the house being completely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I just like to whine and complain you haven't noticed...?

      Delete
  3. Remember how the heat made you sick before. You are not any younger or in any better health and have lots more on you. Be careful not to overdo work even in the cool. It looks like "they ain't making any more" Ball jars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep the jars! I am glad I kept most of Daddy's. I use the old mayo jars for dry storage and kept the rest for canning. Canning supplies around here and online are very low if at all. I saw where canning lids will not be supplied until next year. Hoping that is wrong info for sure

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep-canning jars are gold! Thery are so expensive to buy new, if they can be found. I will probalby can less jam and make a few freezer varietys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have enough that is for sure now need more seals.

      Delete