Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Wednesday, what happened to yesterday?


   I know I started to blog yesterday, and then life happened.  I think life was an 11 month old little girl. Also the shop was non stop yesterday, and I actually was able to hem a dress and 5 pairs of pants while Kelsa slept in a small play pen in my shop.

 Right now the littles are here and Daughter is due in with Schmills, Oliver and Kelsa at about 9:30.  I have the Littles watching a cartoon show and I am hurrying to get this post out so I can at least get one out before the masses arrive.

I woke to thunder this morning and dry lightening, great!  We did not get to go boating on Monday, as the smoke invaded the valley so bad by evening you could not see any of the bridges.  I new if I went my asthma would really flair.  I could have worn a mask but even with a mask who knows?  Better safe than sorry.  SO we are planning on going Thursday. The sky looks clearer, but for how long?

Our poor garden which we have worked so hard to make, is decimated by a bug, and I have been out spraying soapy water everyday to drown the adults.  It works and is environmentally friendly, but does not kill the eggs that are under almost every leaf.  I am thinking of just pulling all the squash plants.  But waiting to see what hubs says.  So no green beans, no cabbage, no squash, unless I can save a few plants. So frustrating.   

Needless to say I am behind in the shop. But what is new? Kim is behind, Kim is a behind, just ask Slugs  Sis. They have a picture to prove it.

Kelsa is spending the night tonight, as daughter needs to catch up on sleep and rest.  One thing I can say is I have had the evenings to myself and have slept well.  It is hard to teach dance work shops for 6 hours in the heat and it really wipes you out.  I so remember coming home and thinking, that I would get so much done, and then just slumping on the sofa.  I had to laugh because daughter is also picking up kids and running them  between her lunch hour, so parents can work.  I did the same thing.  

Well the grocery adds come out today and I have not looked at them, or brushed my teeth, or hair I could possibly get out of my pajamas?  I guess I will go clean up before the kids come.

What is on your agenda for today?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

 

Kim

17 comments:

  1. You are having a busy and productive day. I am retired and having lunch with two friends from church today and one of my sons is bringing dinner over this evening. I just realized one reason why I am so busy; I am working in my garden 25 hours a month. It is good to stay active and my garden brings me joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so love my garden, but we are really on a learning curve here at this new place. How nice to have lunch with friends.

      Delete
  2. I get tired reading your days. Wish you would get some rain. Have you tried sprinkling diatematious (sp) earth DE? It is a natural bug killer as well. I sure hope you can salvage something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really a mess. So discouraging. We have worked so hard. Now I know how a farmer feels when he has a crop failure.

      Delete
  3. You are always cooking for people, so cook for those bugs. Well, you don't have to cook, just brew. I don't remember the exact recipe, but take garlic, hot peppers (I used cayenne), and onion. Put in blender with really hot water. Let this sit overnight and add bit of Dawn, bit of cooking oil, strain, and spray with this brew. It kills eggs and repels insects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kills eggs? I will try that. You know 200 years ago we would have been burned as witches?

      Delete
  4. No need for me to comment, as it won't change anything about how you spend your days,and vice versa right? I do wonder though if your family understands your sewing work is paying actual bills, not just a hobby, and not being able to get to it puts a lot of extra pressure on you. I get they are tired having young families to take care of, but I(in my head at least) might be inclined to say suck it up butter cups, being tired is part of being a parent. I'm curious how your oldest managedliving so far form you wihtout your daily help? Now I'm just being a nosy brat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well my oldest has a full time live in caregiver for her kids. I really enjoy my grand kids. They are fun and beleive me if I need to get work done I tell them. My mother was not helpful or good to help me with my kids. She would buy them expensive things, but I really needed help with child care for my oldest while I was in college. I just want to be there for them. Babies grow up so fast and ten they are kids. But I can understand your concern.

      Delete
  5. On a similar track to Sam's comment, can you set planned days for each grandkid/family & then stick to that? I'd find it personally easier to chart out when I'm helping each kid, and then build my schedule around that, vs vice versa.

    Remember that you will be of no use to anyone (yourself or the kids) if you don't rest & take care of yourself, particularly with an autoimmune disease.

    I think it's awesome that you're such an involved grandparent, but maybe considering setting schedules & limits?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I felt that I needed that I would say something. I enjoy my grandkids. This week is hectic as it is everyday, but it is an exception to the rule.

      Delete
  6. I am inclined to echo Sam and HP about not being so available to everyone else. I know you love your girls and grands, and being a help to everyone else you help. But you can set limits sometimes.
    Your time, rest, sleep, work, health is absolutely as important as anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually this week although busy, has been great, no cooking, and no clean up, going to bed and sleeping without snoring. Great week!

      Delete
  7. I'm sorry about the garden; I know it is so disappointing to do all that work, and then have critters eat it.
    Better safe than sorry about the boating and asthma too. Would you believe that we have an air quality alert here in VA from the wildfires out west.
    Hope you don't have to babysit 5 kids under 5 every day. I agree with the others, you can set limits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an exception, not the rule. But I will be glad when this week is over!

      Delete
  8. I am just happy that my youngest kid came to my house and fixed the one and only toilet..we think...lol. Some days are for getting a lot done and some days we are just happy that we have a pot to pee in....lol. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am grateful for a pot to pee in. When my family came from Sweden they bought an old farm house in the Dakotas with no indoor plumbing. It had a pump in the kitchen. But most house in Sweden did not have indoor plumbing until after the second WW. I remember the toilet as a small child and I hated it.

      Delete
  9. The smoke has finally reached us here in the Ozarks of Southwest Missouri. The air looks grayish blue today. Today we have the excavation crew here tearing up and rebuilding some spots on the berm of our pond. Thehubs is mowing, the tractor clutch went out so it is at the repair shop $$$$, so he is having to mow a lot until we get it back. It is a 1949 N Ford, and has hardly ever broke down. Every part in it is metal, if we can't find it, we can have it machined here at our own small town shop. Our garden looks great but the veggies are small. I have a million tomatoes, but they are getting ripe too fast. We are eating the cucumbers as fast as we can pick them. My sunflowers are the same, lots of them, just beautiful, but small. I envy you having babies in the house, all of ours are grown up. Our covid numbers are high again, we get bus loads of refugees (?) from the border because we are a farming community and they work at the chicken processing plants south of us. We are use to the Spanish speaking ones, most are very nice people, some friends, but that is changing. We are now getting bus loads of South Americans, wearing the full black berka (sp). They said the last few months they had 27 different countries come into our community. They pushed us to get vaccines, then they ship unvaccinated people into our community by the bus load. So we are staying away from people again. Being rural that isn't a big deal, except for not being able to see family. Our counties are good to keep us informed and for that we are blessed. Take it easy and rock those babies! ~jackie collins~

    ReplyDelete