Thursday, June 15, 2023

Thursday, Dress finished.


 Finally, it is finished!  Lots of hand work sewing that lace back on and attaching seed pearls.


Appliqued lace to cover up gusset under arms. When it is fitted tight on body it lays flat.



Back where I took the lace out of train and then sewed it up. Triple bustle as this train is so long and heavy, I did not think a single hook could hold it up. So all wedding dresses for June are done and I can start on July's.

I really want all July out before the end of the month as I feel dresses need to be out the month before.  I have a July wedding that has 7 dresses to alter. 

I have to get started on the piles I have really let them go bad.

Kids are here to BBQ tonight and I pulled out things for shrimp salad and then realized I have no onions or celery.

DO you remember my post years agon making fun of people who run out of onions..... well



Kim

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dress!!! You are amazing!!!! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful dress. ENJOY your BBQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous dress, and what a great deal of work for you. Enjoy your meal with the family and hey you have lots on your mind, running out of onions is nothing.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the gown completion! It's fantastic.

    Onions: I don't use them daily so I buy 3 or 4 at a time, dice them and freeze in a ziploc. When it's down to 1 cup I do it again. I HAVE run out before but it's rare now that I do this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it is done and looks perfect. Now you can breathe. Maybe company can bring onions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job. Enjoy the kids with no onions LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures. You do great work! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful dress! I hope you're doing alright, Kim. --Elise

    ReplyDelete