Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Wednesday, Fits like a glove!


 Here are the gussets I put into this wedding dress. It was one inch at the bottom and 4 inches at the top.  I have to make a small adjustment at the top seam in front and that is it. I feel pretty proud of myself.


Here is the lace piece I picked out of the train.  I will fold it in half lengthwise and then applique it on top of the underarms to cover up the seams. So, you won't know the dress is altered.



This is the seam I will take in the train to cover up where I stole the lace. It is just a large pleat in the back seam. 












This is a massive cathedral train.  I will triple bustle it as it is too much weight for one bustling hook.

That is my work for today.  Plus, That dress you see in the mirror next to me taking the picture is getting picked up any
 moment.

Went and got my nails done last night, and I paid the property taxes today.  Found out I make $4000.00 too much for a widow exemption and my taxes are $4000. But I will apply anyway as my medical charges me be higher than I expected. 

I have book club tonight.  I am trying to get more involved in some things just to have an excuse to get out of the house with other people besides my sister.  I do love to read, and I read a lot, always have.

Well, I am off to get this puppy put together as it will be picked up tomorrow afternoon and yes Anne, I charged her plenty.  As this was brought in last week and it is to be worn on the 24th of June.  By the way the girl told me it was a small alteration. Choke!  Always know when they say it is small it is usually massive. This is the last wedding dress for June.  Unless another small alteration comes in.......


I am off. (To sew that is, Sluggy I can hear you)

Kim

18 comments:

  1. A home ec teacher brought me a top and said it only needed taken in--just in the underarms because the front of the top gapped. "It is easy. Take in a half inch under each arm." I just refused to allow her to leave it until she put it on. Reluctantly, she changed. Well, I averted a catastrophe. I insisted the shoulders needed to be taken in. Back and forth. Finally, she gave in and the blouse fit her as it should. And, she taught home economics? It took a lot more to fix the shoulder seams so it was presentable, not showing when she wore it.

    If anyone ever said it was an easy alteration, I was on alert. It never was. I hated when people who could barely sew on a button tried to instruct me on how I should alter it.

    My daughter mailed me items to alter. She was anxious about it, but never told me how to alter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had to add eight inches and the bride brought the dress in the week before the wedding and had the audacity to say it was a small alteration???? I would be so furious. Even an idiot knows if they are a lot bigger than a small dress. I hope you charged her out the Yazoo and told her eight inches is not a small alteration!!!! Liar’s really tick me off. She knew better. I am livid for you… lol. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people just don't live in reality. It was her mom's dress and she was much larger than her mom.

      Delete
  3. Holy cow…I was stumped since I don’t know what a gusset is, although I have heard the word…I will look it up once I post this. I assume, from the way it worked in the sentence, it means an extra section. Anyway, thanks for the photos, it is cool to see the work you do, hilogene in Az.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Kim. You did awesome on that dress.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That’s such beautiful work, Kim! No wonder you’re in such demand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well no one else does this, or can do this. I mean really people where are you?

      Delete
  6. Beautiful work!
    As long as you charged her through the "bleep" you have my blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do beautiful work. I wish you lived near me especially last year when my son was getting married. Blessings to you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Obviously that bride knows nothing about the needle arts if she said that was lttle tiny alteration! Another person with no clue....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You needed to add 8 inches and the bride thought it was a small alteration? I hope you charged her enough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a hilarious description of "small" :-) And, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete