Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Wednesday, I am here


 Just a bit frazzled and of course in trouble with Sissie as I have not blogged.

My mother -in-law had a heart attack on Sunday night and that threw things into a tizzy here. After a weekend full of company and fun we were not prepared for that news.

She is doing fine and is now home.  It was not fatal but there is heart damage and at her age they will not operate or even do a stent.  She will be given meds.  She asked that nothing be done to lengthen her life, but she also did want some quality. Can't say that I blame her there.

I am going to try and get down next week for a few days.  I have appointments set up for next Monday and Tuesday that I could change, and I do have to play for the choir this Sunday. I will just have to see.  I know one of her daughters is there with her now. I just know Joel would be down there pronto. 

Trying to get to the piles which are of course piling as we speak. Mom's health scare really threw all of us (me and the girls) down a rabbit hole.  Mostly because we all felt this intense feeling of, we can't go through that again.  I know it is selfish it is not about us.  But Grief is such a wicked experience and the reminders. of the pain were ever present.

B stayed with me for a day and a night.  So, Oliver was here to cheer me up. I took them back home yesterday.

We had really cold weather here the last few days and many of our Southern Idaho relatives lost crops to freezing, which is always a possibility on the higher prairies. Hopefully it is early enough in the season that they can replant something they can harvest in the fall.

No wedding dresses' this week which is nice for a change.


Anyway, I am alive.

Kim

14 comments:

  1. Glad to see your face although I was perplexed at the camera angle ;). At the advice of a mental health counselor, I bought a deck of “grief” cards, (essentially a deck of cards with various thoughts or activities) and it was recommended I look at one a day. So I tried three today. And rolled my eyes at two, and found one useful. So I think the eye rolling is a good sign;). Working the next few months on getting my new place updated and repainted. I don’t like chaos so I can’t wait until it is all done and I can finally feel settled. It is getting crazy hot here in Phoenix up into 110+ next week…sigh. Happy almost July, Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope you have a pool close by so you can dip when it gets unbearable

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you back here. I was getting worried!!!
    Glad your MIL is home and doing better. That stuff is scary.
    I understand your feelings. 3 months to the day of losing hubs - his sister passed. Within a few months after that his mom. They were all hard. Glad you are good. Take care!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and it just brings back all of the trauma.

      Delete
  3. I'd bring you a donut and a Diet Coke but my knee won't let me. BTW-I have 27 wedding dresses that need altering.
    I hope Joyce is at least comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you so much. I really think you and Dan need to sell out and move here. The weather is better.

      Delete
    2. It's only 92F today, with a heat index of 101F. Not hot at all according to Hubs! I say "Ha!!"

      Delete
  4. I was wondering what was going on to keep you away. I can understand how another funeral can knock you for a loop once again. It has happened to me. It hurt all over again.
    No wedding dresses is good news. The mil news in not. You get there when you can. no one, surely, will hold it against you for not rushing there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right on that account I just said I cannot be there for two weeks.

      Delete
  5. I am glad to read that your mother-in-law is home. I don't blame you for wanting to be with her for a few days. Time spent with those we love is precious.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is very weak but doing well from what I hear.

      Delete
  6. I am glad to hear you MIL is home and doing better.

    ReplyDelete