Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Wednesday, I am not bi polar

 

If you read the posts from the last two days and did not know the background story you would think I need serious meds.  Well, I do take some serious meds but not that kind.

It was lovely going over to Lil sis's and spending a couple of hours in the sun and the water.  I wish I could do it every day. But alas one must work.  Plus, really not good for your skin to bake daily.

My new food of choice is Hawaiian pizza and pop tarts.  Kind of getting away from potato chips and chocolate. Kim needs to cook again.

I must sew today at least two wedding dresses and three bridesmaids plus make a few phone calls, and maybe a few piles.

Friday I have a bride coming in on my day off as her dress is so complicated that I need her here for several fitings and this is the day she could do it.  I don't really mind plus it will be out of the shop and that will be a relief. 

I need to take a meal into a family that has thier dad on Hospice.  I need to feed 8 people.  I thought about a roast in the large crock pot but it is like 100 here and I thought no that is just too much on a hot day.  But I think comfort food is good.  Still mulling it over. But need to take something out of the freezer.

I took Kelsa home with me last night just because. Having her here although a lot of work is a comfort. She is so funny.  Just a joy to be around most of the time. She loves to swim and will spend hours in the water if we let her.

Okay I will make a list and see if it will help.

1. call people to pick up

2. finish a bride dress

3. finish a bride dress

4. alter a bridesmaid dress

5. alter 2 bridesmaid dresses

6. alter a bridesmaid dress

7. hem two dresses and a pair of pants.

8. hem a pair of pants and mend shorts

9.hem some jeans

Okay let's see what I can accomplish if I put my mind to it!


Kim




19 comments:

  1. I don't see anything wrong with a roast, even if it is hot outside. Good luck on your list today. You've got this Kim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well went with Sunday gravy as that is what they wanted..

      Delete
  2. Can you make the roast and turn it into French dips with potato chips?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! That looks like a list for a week. Suddenly, I am tired from reading the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I did get a lot done but still have two bridesmaid dresses ready to hem, and the bride dress ripped and ready for the machine. Now if I could only see.

      Delete
  4. Nothing wrong with roast. Maybe pulled beef or BBQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought of that but I really hate BBQ or any meat that is sugary so I never consider that.

      Delete
  5. OK, this seriously made me LOL! I'd throw that roast in the crockpot out in the garage for 12h and then shred it. Buy 2 dozen rolls and a few cans of baked beans and call it good. Roast beef sliders with beans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honey, we know you aren't bi-polar and if that' how you took my comment I am sorry. It's just that sometimes life events are too much to handle and a little extra boost can make a world of difference. I've had 3 times in life when what I had to go through brought the "black dog" down on me.(All related to my kids BTW). A major event in life that turns your world upside down like Joel passes, getting something like Wellbutrin-a short term treatment that isn't an opiod or otherwise addictive. Listen to your Sistah!
    I know your love language is helping people but now may be the time to step back from giving of yourself and being selfish rather than selfless....There is nothing wrong with being selfish for at least a little while. Tell the bishop you just can't cary everything they are putting on you right now. We love you and wish are wishing you remember that keeping Kim mentally and physically intact is the MOST important thing in this process.
    and if Joel were here he'd be telling you the same thing(after he asked you a million questions about were were hit hearing aids, his sox and when is dinner. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, Sluggy is right. FYI, I took Wellbutrin short term several times in my adulthood, all for situational depression caused by major and traumatic family events. It was that, or collapse from the strain of acute highs and lows, which would do nobody, least of all me, any good. The time immediately following said events, I think I was carried through by shock. It was the subsequent months, when the untouched world thought I should be "over it," (fuckers) that I needed the help. I also learned not to bandy about terms like "bi-polar" or joke about mh meds in a "those people" sort of way. MI, acute, chronic or situational is no joke. People die from the stigma alone.

      Delete
    2. Thanks you guys, you are so right. I always overdo and I think it is because I think it will keep me busy and I won't have to think. But I need to take better care of me.

      Delete
  7. I’m sure a pot roast will be fine- providing both you and the family you’re cooking for has air conditioning! I’m so glad you have Kelsa to keep you company.. she must be a delightful distraction. Best wishes from Ricki in NY

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will still make a roast on a hot day. Comfort is a very important part of healing.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What about chicken tacos, or something you can serve over a salad? Chicken taco meat in the crock pot would also be easy to put together, and then chop some lettuce, tomatoes, shred some cheese, and you are good to go. If you are so motivated, add salsa, sour cream, etc.

    ReplyDelete