Monday, January 15, 2024

Monday, In trouble with Sissie again!!!!!

 

Sissie curls her lip just like that!  I have not emailed I have not blogged, I have not called, I have not, not, not.

So, what have I been!  Well very busy. Between the shop and grandkids just busy.

It has also snowed and turned very cold here and it is very icy.  Our town has no way of plowing or really caring for the streets, so everything just shuts down. 

I am again taking care of the neighbor's menagerie as she is in Can Cun.   I have about killed myself getting down to her place on this ice, then the back yard is steep and covered in snow. Animals need more feed in the cold as that is what warms their bodies. Food troughs that were supposed to last a week all need to be filled again and that means carrying buckets up and down that icy back yard.  Let me tell you an adventure every day.

I have Kelsa for the next three days and she has gotten into the really messy stage of the three-year-old.  Not destructive but she like to play with messy things.  One thing that helps is she loves to clean up and we sing the clean-up song, and she helps.

I need to go on a diet, and I don't want to. Potatoe chips are just so good. So are cookies and cold cereal. Don't forget chocolate!.

Well Kim is going to get to work.  What is going on with you?  What have I missed?

Kim


20 comments:

  1. Gosh Kim I wish I could send you some of our heat & our sunshine! In fact you are quite welcome to it as I sit here sweltering & "dripping". That is quite an adventure when you go to feed your neighbors animals.
    I need to go on a diet too ... chocolate diets just don't seem to work somehow !! 😉😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying so hard to perfect this chocolate diet.

      Delete
  2. Do I need to start Double Tag Teaming you with Sissie to get you productive? Hmmm?? 8-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is getting cold here and they are predicting ice. The schools all preemptively closed for tomorrow, which means we will get absolutely nothing except maybe a second or two of flurries . Like you, if anything did hit the city would shut down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People are slipping and sliding all over the place here.

      Delete
  4. The interstate is already shut down just north of here. And, in a 20 mile section near Cullman, there were four wrecks. With the precipitation expected and the temps, our cities will not be equipped even for minor ice.
    Can you find someone to pay to do the animal farm work for you? Be careful. Can the missionaries help you? Promise them food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kim, please be careful. I think your neighbor really needs a better solution than risking your life and limbs when she's in vacation. Keep Kelsa being a good helper. The messes will subside but her helpfulness will stay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking the same thing. When is she coming home?

      Delete
  6. Get yourself some of those Trax to put on your boots. They help keep you safe when walking on icy surfaces. They work pretty good and can be found at Amazon or likely any sporting goods store. Maybe even Walmart. Be careful and stay safe. Ranee (MN)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We call those cramp on's I was thinking of those the other day.

      Delete
  7. I agree with Rae as a friend in Montana wears them and got me some of thos TRAX.
    Windchill was -18... had heat wave yesterday of -2. No snow or ice to speak of nor rain as we were suppose to get all 3. We NEED the rain. Why are you going across the back yard that is dangerous instead of up the drive way and around? More steps burns chocolate off so you can eat more chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is amazing that your area has no way of taking care of the roads - that is a cold and snowy state! You BE careful - you will be no good to anyone, if you slip and fall and break something. Let them be messy - they are only little once. It all comes out in the wash as momma used to say!
    Please take care and BE CAREFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You be careful going up and down icy slopes. I slipped on flat ice and broke my wrist for a second time a couple of winters ago.... Now it is my spikes on my shoes if I go out walking.

    It seems to me that you are being very productive...minus the blogging which we all miss.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jackie I am not getting half as much done as I need to, but a work in progress I am.

      Delete
  10. I've been wondering where you were and now I know, you were playing in the snow with the animals! LOL Please, please, please be careful out there. We sure did miss you and are so glad you are back. Now, stay safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you need to tell neighbor she needs to find someone else to take care of her pets. That sounds dangerous and you cannot break a wrist bc your livelihood depends on sewing. It is icy here and the road is closed to work so I cannot get out of my driveway. My son is good and iced in since he lives in northern part of the state. Luckily he listened to me and had stocked up in propane, and food. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess just called from her office where it is 9 degrees and said her boss did not believe the excuse that Jesus said people did not have to work when it was 9 degrees.

      Delete