Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Tuesday, A day late


 Oh, Kim you are so naive. I waited and slugged, and drug myself through the first year kicking and screaming because the second year it gets better, right? Not really. But I am still here.  I am determined whatever that means.

Had a great Christmas, except I backed into eldest daughters brand new car right after she got here, and I also lit the outdoor Christmas tree on fire.  Which was a big hit with the grandkids.

But our motto for the week as a family was, "No one died."  Yes, we are sick like that. 

So, looking forward to the new year, new goals, new feelings, new life.  So far same feeling, same life, but let's work on that.

Slugs and her husband were with Sissie over the holidays, and I am so jealous.  They had a great time and slugs is so thin you can see through her. Well, we have always been able to see through her eyes to the back of her skull so nothing new. That is what she gets for having fun without me.

I made a reservation for a trip to Hawaii that last part of March so looking forward to that and saving my money for fun. I am also going up to Quebec with my daughter and her family in June. Sissie is moving here in May, and I am going with eldest daughter to Rehoboth beach sometime this summer.  Besides the normal driving to Twin Falls and Nampa for Joel's mom it will be a whirlwind year. 

The shop continues to be busy much to my chagrin. Which means I have to do the work. Dang! Where are the elves when you need them.

Aunty will come and stay for a month or two and I am taking her with me to Hawaii, plus my good buddy, and others are coming along for the fun.  I have to really stick to a travel budget.

I also want to see Slug and Anne this year sometime, and I need to get that into the line-up. This girl is not going to sit around and mope.  Okay maybe a little.

Also, I have a major crisis in my life as Mcdonalds raised their diet cokes to $2.01.  No way I am going to pay that.  I have to find another source for my habit.  It is so sad.

SO how is everyone as I am so out of the loop.  Please advise in the comments if I need to know anything important, that I have missed, because you know last year was a little messy.... This year maybe not so much.  I hope!!!!!!

Anyone have goals for the year?  I do. Last year my only goal I think was to survive.

But today is not the day, for me to disclose all my important goals, as I have too much to do in the shop plus, I have to go and face the CC bills for Christmas and get things paid.  Scary!  Anyway, stay tuned for tomorrows, exciting post of Kim's goals........ (after she figures out what they are ) (also be prepared for them to be extra ordinarily hard and impossible to keep) (Also let her think she can do them and only laugh at her when she is not in the room)


Kim

36 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Kim. I have missed you & your sense of humour - it is good to see you back xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Sam has started a new blog - Sam Squared :) but I am sure you will make your way there soon. I am glad you've got plans for some travel this year with your loved ones <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I already checked it out. It will be good for the both of us.

      Delete
  3. Yep, you made it and are here to tell about it. As we all did. Life just keeps going forward and we have to grab hold and go along or quit. I for one have no plans on quitting. Sounds like you have lovely trips planned. You have done a lot of traveling this past year - you should be proud.
    SAM started a new blog called Sam Squared (I have a link on my blog). I am glad she is giving it another go.
    Grab that work and those bucks and keep on trucking!!!!!
    Glad to see you back and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Glad to see your post, I always wonder what you have been up to and if there are any Kelsa foot in ear photos to be found ;). Happy planning and sewing and bill paying. I did a list of goals for the year and then put it away, too much pressure ;). All the best, Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Kim. I do have a few goals for the year, but most revolve around being even more frugal (watching the pennies so the dollars take car of themselves) and trying to get back to a simpler life.

    I can just imagine how excited the grandkids were over the Christmas tree fire and how worried you were.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new year! It's going to be a wild year for us, with Sam starting college, & Nick will be a senior in 2024 as well. Plus, we're hoping to see M's mom again, which means another international trip. Who knows what will happen with my work. I'm over trying to plan anything in that regard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes big changes at your place, we will see how you handle that empty nest.

      Delete
  7. Hello, my friend. Happy New Year! You made it. You got this. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year and what else is to be done but plug along and find the joys that you can. Mc D is 2.00??!!! That is also my almost daily bad habit but I haven’t been there for about 5 days this week, in fact I bought Diet Coke in cans at the store today and it doesn’t taste the same at all but I think I’ll have to boycott or severely cut down if it’s gone up here in Minnesota! How dare they! Jre

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! You can get a 12-pack of Diet Coke for $4.00 (on sale) - that's a lot cheaper than $2.01/can (but I know the fountain drinks taste better).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not here a 12 pack is 9.99 but this is Lewiston and everything has to be trucked in and then dead headed out.

      Delete
  10. Grateful you are back, dear Kim. Take life, and that includes grieving, at your own pace. There is no "right" schedule. Hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April, so glad to hear from you. I worry and pray for your health.

      Delete
  11. No big news here except my 8 year grandson who is sleeping over should already be asleep but isn’t - goofball kids!
    Sorry about your calamities over Christmas.
    Do you have Sonic? Their drinks are cheap if you order on their app.
    Also Panera has a sip club and you can get a free drink every 2 Hours for a monthly fee that’s really low.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jre I discovered the Cherry Vanilla cokes at Sonic! Wow. Thank goodness there’s non near me but if I road trip south I find them and yes the app makes them reasonable. Recommend trying this.

      Delete
    2. I did find a gas station in town that allows an extra large soda every day for $10.00 a month so that is a steal!

      Delete
  12. Happy 2024. You are keeping busy with family and travel plans which sound good. Christmas here was joyful, my sons came over to celebrate, we love each other's company.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are making memories for your grandchildren! You will be fondly remembered.

    Think of a poor woman who needs work. Then, get busy before the clients find her. You made it through the year. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not need any work but that is a good strategy.

      Delete
  14. Hi Kim. I am glad to see you planning the trips even though that means more work with sewing. You know sweetie, it would be cheaper just to buy a 6 pack of the pop once a week. Maybe find a friend that would store it for you so you could only get one a day. Then you could put the $ difference in the travel funds. LOL.

    We did our goals, 15 things to finish with most of those projects already here.
    Pay off the mortgage in the next 5 yrs. We have 26 yrs left on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have really made headway on that list so I know you can do it!

      Delete
  15. Thank you for the update, we have missed you. I'm glad that you have some exciting trips to look forward to in the New Year. Can't wait to read about all the trouble that you and your sister will get into once she moves closer to you too. And of course we have missed cute Kelsa pics. Hope that this will be a year filled with love and some laughter too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What your neighbors must think of you! Crazy lady who sets the tree on fire. Glad it wasn't worse and you could entertain the kiddos.

    Finding your new normal sucks, but just keep putting on foot in front of the other. That's all any of us can do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was so afraid the fire department would be called!

      Delete
  17. I laughed out loud about managing to light the tree on fire! What a show! The grandkids will love that memory! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah this grandma is fun! Certifiable. you will know what that means.

      Delete
    2. Lol. Cindy in the South

      Delete