Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Wednesday, trying to keep up

 

I had two wedding dresses come in yesterday and there will be two more coming in today. This is just a weird January. That puts 6 dresses in the shop, unheard of. One should go out tomorrow.

I was going to drive to Twin Falls this weekend and stay for about 5 days, as Daughter has a big bad trial, and son in law has to be out of town for court. But the weather keeps getting worse and worse and the forecast looks dismal.  So decided after being pestered by kids to fly down and back. But to get a good rate I have to leave earlier and stay longer.  It is what it is.

Now that will put a fire under my butt. Just trying to keep up with Kelsa messes is a full-time job.  She has dance tonight and I need to go to the store and also get a prescription. Daughter has been here two nights and may end up here again, if the prairie does not get better.

I was able to get chicken food last night and my bestie ran a heated water dish over for my cat, so that is helping.  I can fill the chicken feeders before I leave, and they will be okay until my neighbor gets home on Saturday. Kim's crazy schedule.

Well, I am off to get some sewing done. 

Kim

12 comments:

  1. You are one very busy lady. I hope that your flight is not cancelled or delayed. I have heard there have been a few problems. Mostly up here in Canada, but a few down where you are as well, due to the cold and the rotten weather.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I thought about that, but I am praying all will go well.

      Delete
  2. You sure do go a lot. I know you love to help, but Kim needs to take care of Kim too! Be safe - hope you can get a flight out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think going really helps with my grief, just getting away.

      Delete
  3. Be safe Kim! The shop sounds busy for January.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And here I am lazying on the couch, snuggled with dogs. Granted I did work a 10 hour day, but you put us mere mortals to shame. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't know if I could work for someone for ten hours, so I admire you.

      Delete
  5. How far is it to your daughter's city? Kelsa will be more fun than traipsing to neighbor's and struggling with animals. I suppose in the grand scheme of things, having too much work is better than too little work. Yes, I know that is not much consolation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nine our drive to where my daughter lives. But It is a beautiful drive.

      Delete
  6. I hope you enjoy your visit with your daughter and sons. Glad you are flying rather than driving in hazardous conditions.

    ReplyDelete