Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Wednesday, Brides!

 

My oh my, am I busy. Besides Kelsa just everyday life keeps me going.  SO much to do. The car is a mess the garage needs to be cleaned out, I have not put-up Valentine things, but did pull the box from the garage and Kelsa and I will do that tomorrow morning. She loves to decorate with grandma.

I have two wedding dresses that I need to put long sleeves on.  That requires so much hand work to embroider the lace to the tulle sleeve.  I spent last evening getting one set done.  It all has to be done by hand before it is sewn into the dress.

Also have a model that does a photo shoot once a month and I am doing her rack, which is good money but takes me about 3-4 days just on her things.

The house constantly need love and here it is the end of the month and I have to pay bills again.  Blah!  But January is over and that makes me happy.

Did not get tickets purchased for Hawaii yesterday. I might just have to call a travel agent. Dang.  Will try again today.  I did not try late last night, and I will see if that works.

Six more brides scheduled for next week.  I also have turned away some business as I am just too busy.  Like coat zippers!!!!! 

Kelsa has dance tonight and I am taking the missionaries and my best buddy out to dinner. That will be fun, then home to sew, sew, sew.


Kim

19 comments:

  1. That is so sweet that Kelsa likes to decorate with Grandma. My daughter's grandmother decorated for every holiday like that.

    Don't get so busy that you forgot to take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is so fun and just goes on and on about how much she loves it.

      Delete
  2. All that work keeps you out of trouble!!! LOL. Work, work equals dollars. Take care busy lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, how nice to have a helper when it comes to decorating. You are always so busy sewing in your shop.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, six more brides? When are all these weddings scheduled? You are busy!!!! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  5. That should be fun decorating with Kelsa. I hope you take pictures for posterity and us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you're starting to say NO to certain things. Protect your sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are most certainly busy! Hope you get a break, and get a chance to book your flights.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exactly what does 'doing her rack' mean?
    Asking for a friend.
    Practical Parsimony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When someone does a movie or a photo shoot, they will have a rack of clothes or costumes to use. All have to fit to look good otherwise you are pinning and stapling things to your frame. This happens all the time. So those that are truly professional have things altered so they can just dress. Saves them time and they can get back on camera.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I just now got back to this since you mentioned the rack again. That sounds like fun work.

      Delete
  9. Just be sure to charge what you are worth!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Anne I have raised my bridal prices you would be so proud of me.

      Delete