Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Wednesday, the saga continues.....

     I was sad to read that one of my lovely readers, thought I was somewhat mean or disrespectful toward my mother.  Her actual words were sorry I was  bothered by my mother.  I love my mom to death and will do anything for her.  She just makes me crazy and making fun of her and the situation is what helps me deal with said situation.  Our family takes everything to the nth degree when it comes to humor.  She is a neeber-knob.

     So yesterday mom has to do rosettes.  These deep fried pastries are a pain.  They are delicious, but very fragile and fussy.  I have two wedding dresses that I need to finish and costumes, I cannot help her.  I can set everything up and make sure she has what she needs.  I am a holler away in the basement.  I ran upstairs continually.  She made two batches and was very tired.  She has become so shaky.  I was getting ready to go to the studio and I told her to leave the mess and be done she was too tired to do a third batch.

     I left her laying down on her bed.  When I arrived home last night Hub's told me mom had a melt down and called my sister to come get her.  She was burning things and very upset.  So I run to Sis's.  Mom is watching the Hallmark channel. Sis and I sneak out.  Mom is mad at me because I did not help her.  Yeah I didn't do a damn thing.  Sis and I had a good laugh.  I just have to shake my head.  Now I am going to go upstairs and put all that crap away and degrease the kitchen.  Because I have nothing else to do. 

Well I am off like a prom dress to get work done.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry someone though you were being rude. I understand the love and frustration, probably because I am in a similar situation except Mom does not live with us. I am 2 minutes away and have flown down to her house for every emergency call in various states of dress or barely dressed, shoes, house shoes, barefoot. Sometimes it is an emergency that requires my immediate attention (like finding her rescue inhaler) or sometimes she heard a cat, or a branch blew off a tree and is on the other side of the creek, but it scares her.
    Maybe this is why I enjoy your blog so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand your situation. My mother was totally like yours. She had RA and ovarian cancer but all of her antics and carrying on her beyond what we could sometimes deal with. She passed away last spring at 75. Do I miss her? Yes, but not all of the craziness. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My biggest fear is getting cancer from the RA drugs I take. Right now my rates are over 700 or dangerously high. like headed for hodgkins high. I don't know why. I am just very tired. Sorry about your mom.

      Delete
  3. My late husband would not let me bring any of our parents in to our home to live even though at times I thought it would have been the thing to do. He said he had never seen it work out. Perhaps he was right.

    ReplyDelete