Sunday, January 24, 2021

Monday, New toilet, with a warning....


 So happy the broken toilet is no more and my new 2 .5 inches higher toilet is in it's new place.  Handicap toilets are 2.5 inches taller than standard and that my dears when you have arthritic knees makes all the difference. Now you really don't have to pay more for a handicap toilet, but if you want it in ivory or off white, as both of our bathrooms are in off white, you have to pay $100.00 more for the toilet.  I paid it.  I thought it was stupid, but I wanted it to match for resale (if that ever had to happen) and my knees felt the $100.00 was chump change.  They said so I asked them.

However upon opening the large box the toilet came in we encountered this warning sign.


Now I am not sure what could cause cancer or reproductive harm and maybe this can only harm you while in California? Is it the off white paint or porcelain? Is it the handle of the commode? Is it the seat that was included? (thank you very  much by the way)  But I thought I would share this with you in case of a visit. (Sluggy) Any of you who should choose to come to see me, I would let you know that I would be more than willing to allow you to use the master bath toilet that I don 't think came with a cancer warning. Maybe the toilet does not give one cancer in Idaho, but you never know, one cannot be too careful.  I could look up www.P65Warnings.ca.gov but I am afraid and I have enough to worry about with the virus.

Made a pot of spaghetti and an apple salad for dinner.  Of course with enough for tomorrows dinner also. I also made a batch of cranberry scones last night and daughter took home the majority so hubs would not be tempted to eat them.  I saved him one for his lunch today, and he was very happy to eat it.  Frozen butter grated is the secret to a good scone.

I am hoping to kick my but into getting some sewing done as I only have $23.00 to start the week and no money to put into savings envelopes. I might have to go to the bank and withdraw money which was not part of my plan.  I was hoping to earn it, or pull it out of budget categories.  I did have another small sale on my face book market place.  I will lower prices again next week to try and sell things.

I went over to Lil sis's for a couple of hours today.  We were both lonely.  We laughed about a box of things Lil sis sent to Sissie.  One gift was a cat poetry book. Talked to Sissie and she laughed hard at the nonsense, Lil Sis had sent her.

Well we have to go unplug the shower of a set of sister missionaries.  Isn't my life exciting?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

 

Kim

 

 

15 comments:

  1. California has cancer warnings on everything. But, I suppose the warnings are a good thing. The tall commode is marvelous. I never knew how hard it was to get up from the regular size until I used this one he had put in. At home, I used the clawfoot tub to help me rise. I would love a scone right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are great. I would love a claw foot bath tub.

      Delete
  2. I have the taller commode and it is great.
    I think they need to put a warning on CA!! LOL!! They have some crazy ideas. JMO

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had our main bathroom renovated a couple of years ago and had the taller toilet installed. It is wonderful!! Now when I go to sit on a 'regular' size, I feel like I'm falling to the ground. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I will always be destined for a regulars size toilet height, but now my knees are jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew, I am glad I had a comfort level toilet installed years ago, ,before they started giving you cancer. My only issue with them was getting used to the height. It seemed that my normal "pull down" was not low enough to accommodate the couple of extra inches and for about a week I found the back waist of my granny panties damp. Yes it takes me time and a weeks worth of changes to learn to make necessary adjustments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      When I am in an extreme hurry, I have found damp panties, too.

      Delete
    2. Okay now I am laughing at both of you, and you know how karma works....

      Delete
    3. I think it is that one second longer you get when settling in the regulation height that gave just enough time for that 1/2 inch difference. I had to learn to have a quicker adjustment, then things were fine but that first week was a learning curve.

      Delete
    4. I adjusted, too. I would hate to think I could not figure it out...lol.

      Delete
    5. me too... we had the house be ADA which includes the higher toilets... I am short... really short. LOL I bought this https://www.amazon.com/Vaunn-Deluxe-Bathroom-Safety-Toilet/dp/B017KY1KFW?ref_=ws_cp_0466954eef9e4e6a3ce6_p_3_t_p

      it's to help you get off the toilet. Actually bought it for in laws as they mentioned they had issues since we don't have any cabinets for them to pull their selves up on. Works as a walker also

      Delete
    6. Thanks for the laugh tonight!! I’m building remodeling our old cabin and higher toilets are going in so I will be on the watch for wet panties!!!

      Delete