Saturday, January 30, 2021

Sunday ,I made my house goal!

ᐈ Tree house stock pictures, Royalty Free cartoon house drawings | download  on Depositphotos® 

 

I was able to go to the bank today and pay $1000 on the principle of the house loan.  That was my goal for the month.  Actually for the next several months.  It took a lot of determination not to spend money on anything else besides what we really needed.  I wanted to see if we could have enough in the bank at the end of the month to do this if I was a very careful.  Well it worked.  Now I just have to make it work again and again.

Hubs and I went to Lil sis's last night and had dinner with her and her boyfriend, then we played a dice game .  It was fun.  They are in our bubble so to speak.  We had sushi from Red Bento.  It has been a long time since we ordered anything like this and it was nice.  

Hubs worked at the high school today for the first time all year.  I took him down lunch about 12:30.  I had the dog groomed for the first time in is life and what a difference.  The groomer said she got 1 1/2 garbage cans of undercoat off him.  He looks like he lost 10 lbs.  The cost was $45.00 and I gave her a $5.00 tip. I know he feels much better and his shedding will be way down cutting down on the amount I have to clean and vacuum.

My son in law came and hung a huge mirror that the kids bought me for Christmas for my shop.  It is very nice and then he had to install a new kick stop for the door.  He brought down the Schmills and Kelsa and Kelsa is staying the night with us.  We will take her to church tomorrow.  It is a 5th Sunday meeting, so you can put your name in to go until the quota is reached.

I can't beleive that tomorrow is the last day of the month.  It seemed like it took forever and then it seemed like it was gone in a flash.  I think Covid has us in a time warp. Time is either drag gin or rushing by depending on the mood.

I am thinking of doing a pantry challenge for February, where I do no grocery shopping except for salad fixings and absolute necessities. There are a few more bills due in February than normal so I want to be able to stick to my goals and pay the extra bills.  We are also going to our daughters in the middle of the month.

Is anybody up for a pantry challenge?  Do you want to set up some rules and we can post what we cook?  Maybe share a few recipes?  Share a few experiments or disasters? Let me know.  I think it would be fun.

February 1st is Monday what can you pull from your pantry and freezer to make a meal for Monday?

Actually as it is Sunday I had better pull something from the freezer for Sunday dinner.  Hmmm....

Kelsa is crying cot to go.

Have a blessed Sabbath.

Kim 

28 comments:

  1. I am definitely up for a pantry challenge in February. I am in full force keto and might have to purchase some extra veggies during the month, and I will need another half gallon of almond milk and 3 dozen eggs, but if that meets the rules I am all in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great. I am back to low carb also, but I cheat a little on the weekend. It is okay to get eggs, salad, stuff, let's just try to cook our meals from what we have on hand. Which is way to much!

      Delete
  2. It seems like the month has dragged by for me. One thing that is happening--sunset is so much later and it makes time not drag on with darkness so much of the day. I have enough food here to eat all month except for fresh fruit and vegetables. But, I would need bananas and green stuff. However, I have food because I buy loss leaders and sales and use coupons. I will continue that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it is okay to buy fresh and fruit. Join us and let us know what you are cooking from your stockpile!

      Delete
  3. I hear everyone thought the month was slow - it seemed pretty quick to me. Here it is the end of the month.
    I pretty much do pantry challenge first 3 months of the year. Just what I need fresh or pets. It really does save money and makes you get creative.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in on pantry. challenge. I have lots of fresh turnip greens, carrots, potatoes. I might have to buy a rutabaga. I tend to be all “rooty” for root vegetables in the winter. Probably buy sandwich bread (because I really hate making it, even with easy recipe) for lunch and maybe chocolate....I consider it a necessity....lol.I have plenty of eggs. I am going through my mind what I need for month. I have to pay my car tags this month...ugh. Congratulations on paying 1000 down on your beautiful house! That is fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are car tags expensive there? We only pay about 60.00 a year here, but our property taxes are high! Great join the challenge.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on meeting your goal!! Looking forward to your pantry challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job hitting your goal! I hit my January grocery goal (our budget is big, but at least I made it work), so I'm feeling happy about that. I need to figure out what I want to set as our goal for February. Some version of a pantry challenge/limited spend, I'm in for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good this is going to be fun. I love to see what everyone comes up with to avoid going to the store.

      Delete
  7. I can't really do a grocery shop, but I am aiming for a low spend month-I yammer on pretty good bout this for the last few days. I like being in the trenches so to speak, together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes nothing like having a buddy right there with you.

      Delete
  8. I am in for a Feb pantry challenge. I will be getting 2 pork butts Monday or Tuesday as they are 89cents/lb. and some dairy and fresh produce but the rest of the month should be just milk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Fun, fun. You are so good at this you will inspire the rest of us.

      Delete
  9. I don't think I have enough in my pantry for the pantry challenge, but I have enough for a low spend on the grocery budget.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am also up for a pantry challenge. I spent more than budgeted in January so want to trim way back in February. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Forgot to congratulate you on paying the extra $1000 on your mortgage! Fantastic start to the year for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but I am terrified for next month.... Ugh! Hence the challenge.

      Delete
  12. Well done on meeting that goal Kim. We had sushi the other night too - there are lots of sushi places in our small town but only one that is nice decent sushi & the kind Asian lady likes my husband so she gives him extra pieces!! So I always send him to buy it instead of going myself! Yes January went by incredibly fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny how Asian women always favor men? It is part of the culture.

      Delete
  13. If i can post, i’ll be in. I’ll be in either way, but i’ll be the only one who knows!
    Good going on the extra principle! That’s huge!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought the month went by very quickly, but I have noticed the older I get the faster time goes by.

    Good for you on putting so much extra down on your home.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie. I do think time goes faster the older you get.

      Delete