Saturday, January 23, 2021

Sunday, Messed around all day


      Hubs and I went to every second hand store today.  It was something to do.  I wanted to buy a large ceramic pot for my Gardenia Tree.  I said on a blog post before it was a magnolia, and that was a mistake.  I don't know why I can't keep them straight.  Probably because they don't grow here.  Anyway I was hoping to find a large pot second hand and I could spray paint it. I did find one but need to go back for it.  We will have to drill a hole in the bottom  If it is not there, I will try again. These trees smell so good.

     We had a coupon for buy one entree get one free for hubs birthday in December so we used those at Taco time for dinner.  It was a nice treat. I did not have to cook, but I took 1.5 lbs of burger out to thaw.  Have no idea what I will do with it tomorrow. I will think of something.

     We also took both vehicles out to the reservation and filled them up with gas to save .24 a gallon.  Gas has gone up there about .06 a gallon. It was a beautiful sunshiny day so we enjoyed the short drive there and back.

Kids are on the way down to help set the new toilet.  That will be nice when it is done.  You have no idea how many times one of us is doing the pee pee dance waiting for the other. I know TMI, but true.  This is what happens when you get old.

I am getting really tired of this lock down and just want to be out with people so bad.  It looks like we are in for the long haul.  The new variety has been found in the state next to us(Washington).  As we go to church in Washington we will be locked down longer.  Plus most of our shopping is in Washington. I am going to go bloomin' nuts before I get the vaccine.  Which is probably why I am so excited about a bloomin' tree.

Had a nice chat with Sissie today. Wish I could see her. Went over a saw our nephews new to him truck and camper.  It was very large and I hope they enjoy it and get the use out of it they want.  They have 4 boys so it will be so much fun for them.

I think I hear the kids so I must brat Hubs to that baby.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

KIm


15 comments:

  1. Gardenia is my favorite flower and the scent is heavenly. We had a huge gardenia bush where we lived when I was a child in Jackson, MS. I loved the fragrant scent in summer. They grow in this area, but I cannot get one to grow for love nor money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I lived in Jackson, MS from 83 to 88! Small world! Yes, Gardenia is a fav flower. I can see it would be easy to get them mixed up, Kim.

      Delete
    2. Well we will see if I can get this one to live!

      Delete
  2. My sister's favorite scent is gardenia.
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the scent of the blossoms, but they die so quickly once picked.

      Delete
  3. YUour search for a pot reminds me of last lasts search for the perfect chive pot. I have my chives in an old water canner that developed a hole. It gets too hot and so last year I spent a month looking every where I went for a pot. I finally found one at The Christmas Tree shoppe. OH, how much time I spent on this, but I love the new pot.

    Gardenia smells wonderful, but it is too cold where I am to grow them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I just don't want to spend the money on a large ceramic pot.

      Delete
  4. Your comment a out being tired of lockdown is so true! We are super tired of being at home, yesterday drove to a different suburb just to go to Walmart and get out of the house ;).

    I really enjoy your blog, thank you for the time you spend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are about to go loopy here. Tomorrow I have decided to take a large diet coke from MC D's to an older widow that just lost her husband. I took dinner in there a couple of weeks ago. I know she must be lonelier than I. I am trying to think outside the box on things to do.

      Delete
  5. i hope you find a pot that works. I haven't done too much second hand wandering, but looking for bigger pots for all my house plants is a goal when I do. I'd love a flowering tree like plant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lil sis ordered it off the internet and it was under $50.00

      Delete
  6. I can relate to the lockdown. Especially since I live by myself. It has been a challenge. You would think after 3 years I would be used to it, but not being able to go to church has been hard, and working from home. I miss human interaction and engagement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very hard. I really miss my church friends.

      Delete
  7. I definitely am tired of the lock down as well! Getting outside is a huge mood lifter for me, so I try to get out every day. I'm looking forward to a day where I can get vaccinated (I'm pretty far down on the list) & I am SO looking forward to the day the kids can go back to school. That's the hardest part for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet having the kids home is hard on them and you. I try and get out but it is a little cold here. I need to do something.

    ReplyDelete