Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Thursday,Thrifty Thursday


 

 See those dog prints?  This was taken New Years Day.  You can see where my daughter's puppy came in at a fast clip and slid.  This floor is a nightmare to keep clean.  Just thought I would share this with you so when I complain and trust me I will, you can understand.



I think every time I worked on this dress it got bigger.  I don't want to put it back in its bag as it will crush all my hard work pressing and steaming the darn thing.  The bride comes tomorrow and I told her to bring two clean sheets so we could cover it and then she could hang it at home.  Yikes!

When I went to pull the bag of shrimp out of the freezer I found an almond cake I made at Christmas.  Score!  So I did not have to make a cake for the meal I took in.  Yeah for cooking ahead.

I left enough of the shrimp and mushroom pasta at home for Hubs and I to have for dinner.  When I got home from my delivery, Schmills, daughter and Hubs had left me about 5 pieces of pasta and one mushroom. No wonder I am hungry. Next time I will eat before I leave or at least grab a couple of mouthfuls.

It was a busy day with bridesmaids and mother of the bride pick ups.  Tomorrow I have two more bridesmaids flying in and I am hoping all I have to do is press the dresses, but we will see.

Thrifty Thursday:

1. I have $40.00 in my $5.00 bill savings I started it the 26th of December.

2. saved all my change

3. filled a few envelops in my 100 envelope challenge

4. found a nickle at Wal mart

5. ate all meals at home using mostly pantry food

6. touched up my hair with root touch up kit gifted me by my Sluggy!

7. watered down my cream rinse that was almost gone to get all out of the bottle

8. found out bar keepers friend can be used on my glass oven top (that I hate) instead of buying expensive glass cook top cleaner.

9. used points at Albertsons to get free eggs, pasta and french bread.  I needed pasta and french bread for meal I took in.  Saved $8.54

10. filled up car with gas from reservation.

11. Used a coupon at Joanns, and then bought enough zippers I qualified for the $5.00 off total.

I have  sew much sewing (pardon the pun) to do tomorrow.  Many, many zippers.  But I will be glad to get this wedding over with.  Then I have another wedding dress I want to get out by Friday if possible. So my tomorrow is planned. Have a no idea what is for dinner, but I will tell you I will not leave trusting my husband to leave me a portion....

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim


12 comments:

  1. What a frilly dress. WOW
    I always hated doing zippers when sewing. Can't imagine having to do several in a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you just get good and fast at them and then they are not as bad.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kim!
    I have a floor that looks like that way too often!
    That is a pretty dress, made all the lovelier by your hard work, I'm certain.
    Not much here today.
    I have been slowly cleaning a room at a time this week.
    I'm beat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to deep clean each room in this house, but just too busy with grand kids and sewing. At least that is my excuse!

      Delete
  3. That's a beautiful dress. I imagine sheets might mash it out of shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we laid it in a car on a sheet and then she hung it at her house.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous wedding dress! I hate my glass topped stove also, but it was free nine years ago, so free is free. My wood floors suck. Luckily (or maybe unluckily) the former owner had painters who dripped paint ALL OVER the floor, so I just shrugged, said the paint drops and dings gave it character, and threw a few cheap, on sale rugs down from Walmart and Dollar General. I am a sophisticated decorator gal, I tell ya....lol. Cindy in the South....I do not know why it is showing anonymous now....whatever....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get that paint up with a remover from the hardware store. I loved my hardwood floors, they rarely showed the dog and cat hair. It was there, you just could not see it!

      Delete
  5. I hear ya over the floor Kim - complain away my friend. That dress looks alot of fiddly work. Zippers are my pet hate!! One of my friends told me she would teach me an easy way to sew zippers this year - I'll have to be in a good mood first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just done so many of them they take about 5 minutes now.

      Delete
  6. Wow, gorgeous dress, but really fussy. I hope the bride brings sheets.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete