Monday, January 18, 2021

Tuesday, Sticking with a plan


 I'm a planner if you hadn't noticed, but I also am known to fly by the seat of my pants more often than not. The problem is you can plan and plan but if you don't follow through.....

I had planned on getting some sewing done today, but it was a rough night as my right shoulder decided to lock and no matter how I tried to lay down the pain was unbearable.  I even took some painkillers and although they made me loopy they did not help the pain much and then I was very nauseated about 4 this morning.  I do not do pain pills well. They have a tendency to make me sick.

So my sleep was very interrupted. Well actually I can say what sleep?  I have been a groggy mess all day.  Tried to nap later this afternoon and low and behold shoulder much better.  Still hurts to use it but I can lay down on it without horrible pain.  Thank goodness, I don't think I can handle another night of that nonsense.  Dang arthritis.  What makes it flare like that is beyond me.

One thing I did do today that was planned was stuffed my saving envelopes.  I am left with $450.00 to put toward my debt of $780.  It will be the 20th tomorrow and I only have 11 more days to come up with $330.00 dollars.  Yikes!  Must get some sewing done and then get people to pick up the sewing.  Also I don't think I will need to go to the grocery store this week as the fridge is full.  So that can be added to my bill.

It was overcast and very foggy  and wanted to go on a long walk, but that plan did not happen.  I also ate chocolate cake so the diet plan did not happen.

What helps you stick to your plans?  Do you have any secrets of self discipline you would like to spring on my poor soul?

In the mean time I am going to find a bottle of glue, or some velcro undies.


Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

14 comments:

  1. I tell myself I can "watch favorite show" when I finish doing something I should. "Linda, you can have a chocolate when you vacuum the hall." Or, something like that. I am easily bribed or threatened by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. i am. These flares are so weird, don't have any idea what can trigger them.

      Delete
  3. I have a weekly chart with all of my fixed task (plus, a daily to do list with the stuff that changes every day). I like seeing the chart get checked off each day, so it helps to motivate me. And, I like the simplicity of printing it off once/week & not having to write down or forget about all of those small tasks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do what I hate first. I do what I love last. No computer, phone, reading , (I don't watch tv) or anything until the I HATE YOU stuff is done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better soon.Yeah, I cracked three vertebra in back as child and sometimes I go down and have to crawl to bathroom. Pain pills do not touch it. It just takes time and complete bed rest. Hope you are able to move around soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthritis pain when it involves nerves is just so painful.

      Delete
  6. I hope your shoulder eases soon Kim. Sewing is not good with a sore shoulder. I always have the very best of intentions but my planning & my willpower does not always follow through. Then I beat myself up about how undisciplined I am - its a vicious cycle & you would think by my age I would know this but apparently not!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I make lists, and I love to be able to cross off what I have done. Gives me a sense of accomplishment.

    My shoulder really bothers me when there is going to be a change in the weather. Right now it is behaving itself nicely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this flares from arthritis every once in a while. The left one was sore last week which meant the right one would follow suit, but it went into overdrive.

      Delete