Friday, September 17, 2021

Friday, Kim takes a break and cleans addition


  Well the fall flowers are planted and the mums that will bloom out are yellow, so I am happy with that adventure.  The boys had this done in about a 1/2 hour it was great.

THEN I proceeded to finish cleaning the house and putting out the fall decorations.  It was a nice way to combine two things I wanted to do.

So out came the fall decos as I cleaned windows, and


dusted blinds and washed crystal.

It was a nice day of putzing and I and the house needed it badly. I find house work relaxing if  I am not in a rush or expecting company.  

I picked out these pillow covers in Ketchikan and I love to have something I can put out to remind of the trip.  Then I added a pillow of my moms.

 

 


 I added a few pumpkins, and new candles and pillows to the family room.



A little garland and a few pumpkins on the  TV cupboard.


These Fall prints we bought on a trip back east with our family years ago, I bring them out every fall.



The fall table I think I will take this cloth and make it an oval with my serger.  I will put a rolled hem edge on it.  Plan for the future.

I told you I had purchased an O'Cedar mop and bucket when I bought the new vacuum.  I tried it out yesterday on the floors and it worked so well.  No streaking, it also pulled up a lot of dirt.  The steam mop does kill germs on the surfaces but I have often wondered about how well it actually cleans even when I change out the cleaning heads. Well I added pinesol to the water and mopped the entire floor (s) and they came so clean.  The water was very dirty so I know that this is the way to go.  SO happy I did this, as I have been very frustrated.  I just felt like I smeared dirt around.

Then after making a simple dinner of garden salads and brats which we can take the leftover brats on the road with us, I decided to tackle the ironing. We had run out of hangers, mostly because they go by by in the shop, so I had stopped to get more from the dry cleaners recycle.  I did 2.5 hours of ironing and went through a few of my clothes and got rid of a few things, pulled some things to take to Hub's mom and even mended a pair of my shorts that had a small rip.  I mended a sweater my sissie had sent me and I just did things to make my life easier and happier at home.

I FEEL GOOD ABOUT LEAVING. Which I did not before.  The house is relatively clean, the ironing is done and I AM COMING BACK to a clean shop.  I will be busy when I get back but I am prepared for that.

SO we are off and I want to stop and get a donut:)

What are your plans for the weekend? 

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim

19 comments:

  1. Similar plans to what you've been doing. I too want to get some mums outside-I'll hold off a few days on the fall decor unitl it is real Fall equinox, bu tthat will give me time to clean, clean, purge, ourge-the story of my unsuccessful life in the hoe managment front. I think I will also buy that new vaccuumI've been putting off forever, but I really like how well my Shark has funcitoned, but it is at least 6 years old. Stuff just does not last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really nice to have a clean house or at least to feel like it is clean even if it does not last.

      Delete
  2. I need to buy mums before the ones I want are gone. Your house and yard decorations look very nice. I wish I were that far along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy I did this. Coming back to this is nice.

      Delete
  3. Good work prioritizing! It was an utterly crazy work week, so I'm very happy it's the weekend. I think we're treating everyone to dinner out tonight (a rarity at our house). There's an outdoor place we've been wanting to get to, and our weather is also getting a little cooler, so this feels like the perfect time.

    Other than that, soccer games. Lots of soccer games. ;-) Nick is ref'ing his first game tomorrow. Fingers crossed that the parents aren't crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah crazy soccer or any kind of sport parent is not fun. It is like dance moms!

      Delete
  4. The decorations all look so nice. Glad you got a lot done. Have a really good weekend and just ENJOY life a little!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a quick trip down but we got a lot accomplished and I slept great!

      Delete
  5. With everyone decorating for fall I think I might just have to get off my duff and do something here.

    My weekend will be spent working in the garden getting the tomatoes picked, cutting up fabric to make that quilt out of my friend's Dad's clothing and once again working on getting my sewing/craft room cleaned up (a never ending job as you well know).

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is never ending, mine is clean right now becasue I have not been in there but give me a moment...

      Delete
  6. The decorations look lovely, I really like the idea of decorating the house each season. My weekend is some cooking, decluttering and napping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a lovely weekend. One thing about decorating for holidays is it kind of forces you to clean areas you probably wouldn't. At least it forces me.

      Delete
  7. Kim, your home looks so nice with your fall decorations! I love the blue with the cozy autumn colors! It is nice to clean and decorate when you are in the mood! Have a wonderful weekend! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo, I loved coming home to this and a clean sewing room. Now I am going to make a mess!

      Delete
  8. Everything looks so nice. I hope you enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WEll it was busy but we got a lot done for mom and dad and now I am home to a clean house and shop!

      Delete
  9. Glad you got things under control so you can enjoy being away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice to come home to this and no the disaster that was my house.

      Delete