Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Wednesday, Kim worked hard and another chart!


 Completed chart 18 yesterday but still cannot update my side bars.  Anyone know how this new blogger intended you to do that?

I sewed hard yesterday, into the evening, but was determined to get the  piles done.  I went through the shop and did some clean up and I feel alot better about where I am right now.

Kelsa came in last night and is with us until this evening after daughter gets done with teaching.  She will have a 12 hour day between her hygiene job and dance. 

Hubs is getting up early to open the church for high school seminary, and he had to direct music at a funeral yesterday.  He was a busy man yesterday along with me.

I need to make phone calls in the shop for people to pick up today,and get quite a few dresses altered.  I have the piles under control which makes me so happy.

On my declutter and cleaning challenge I was able to get more things cleaned out in the kitchen. I have now decluttered 76 items, so I am more than keeping up right now. I have almost enough for 12 days of the challenge and I am not nearly done with cupboards or drawers in the kitchen.  This challenge may have to go on for more than one month.


The infamous tupperware cupboard.  We all have one.

I do not like things on my counters, especially appliances so the toaster is stored down in this cupboard.


Kelsa helped with this cleaning process, by playing with all the extra lids I was getting rid of and by generally being in the way. By the way not getting rid of the baby.


The final product, much nicer.  I have two lazy susan corner cupboards, they can hold a lot of stuff.  I went through the one side and found a blender I never have used, I have an immersion blender that works great, so that is going. The cupboard was a mess with things stuck behind it and I organized to have the things I use almost weekly or daily on top and the things i don't use as often but still want on the bottom.


The mess that came out of the corner cupboard, it is a much better system now that I have cleaned and organized.

I also cleaned out the pan cupboard and got rid of two pans that I never use.  Also a large lid that did not match anything.


Just don't use these and haven't for a year so off they go.Someone can use them, they are great pans.

Very little in the sales adds today.  I will be getting sliced cheese for .99 cents a package, which is really, really good.  You are limited to 3 but it is a coupon so you could go multiple times.  I will go twice, other than that nothing I will buy but milk, and fresh lettuce and veggies. They do have a cereal sale, but other than keeping a box for the grand kids we just don't use it.  I am so grateful hubs stopped eating cereal it really helped our food bill to go down.

I am anxious to get through my pantries and see what is terribly out of date and what needs to be used up soon. I put out ground beef to make meatloaf for dinner along with baked potatoes and a veggie.  We are out of salad fixings and will have to make a trip to the store sometime soon.

Well I had better get to work.  Need to fill cash envelopes and get into the shop and get something done.

Are any of you getting rid of clutter with me? Are you trying to do a little fall clean up in your house? Believe me it will make you happy.

Well I am off to the salt mines.

1. call clients for pick up

2. fill money envelopes

3. pennies for the day for September

4. Sew

These are my priorities right now.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

 

Kim

18 comments:

  1. I just love reading the saga of your days. Thank you for posting the adventures. I am making meatloaf tonight as well, well, husband is in charge of the meatloaf (which gets cooked in the crockpot), so he flew into action and it is cooking now. I am doing the bluebirds are nesting challenge so that has me twirling for sure ;). I am relatively good at throwing or giving things away…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a saga let me tell you! Meatloaf in a crockpot now that is a new one on me.

      Delete
  2. I don't own Tupperware for that reason LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pain, but you will notice that I keep all the cottage cheese containers be cause i cook so much for others and I don't have to have these returned.

      Delete
  3. First, why is Kelsa sitting on the ceiling?!? ha ha ha!

    Second, do you require customers to wear a mask when coming into your shop/home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IF they are not vaccinated yes. I am vaccinated so I am not worried about the virus. Even with a break through infection I feel safe.

      Delete
  4. If you want to keep some cereal on hand (and/or donate), Cinnamon Toast Crunch is free right now. Two boxes with a rebate. https://freectc.com/

    I'm feeding teens, so this is a critical piece of news. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know cereal is a big thing when you are a kid. But I also love cereal it is just that I would sit down and eat the whole box dry.....Like I need a 12 step program.

      Delete
  5. My challenge is just getting to the clutter or picking it up! good job. It appears your problem is not Tupperware, just cottage cheese dishes! I never kept over two of those in the cabinets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are to take food to people I cook for in the church, that way I don't have to have them return dishes.

      Delete
  6. I seem to be getting rid of stuff as I bring more things in. We are bringing home the last bits and pieces at Mom's. You know those things you leave till the last minute like apps 2,000,000 photos. I may never get my living room reclaimed again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have not gone through all the photos from my mom's stuff. Just put it in some boxes and let your kids deal with it;)

      Delete
  7. I’m definitely going to have to start following some of these blogs; I appreciate several from the Information which has been composed.
    Spray Tan Dallas
    Thanks for sharing. , I will visit once more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am decluttering my car tomorrow morning. It has been filled between the trunk and most of the backseat with food bank donations since before the cruise. That will give me about 100 items gone. go me, go you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on completing another chart!

    ReplyDelete