Saturday, September 25, 2021

Saturday, Aggravations

 I am having trouble getting an appointment for a covid test.  No one wants to see me. I am not sick enough and I am truly not sick. Sitting in an emergency room that is in triage for 8 hours is not in my game plan.  I am tired, but i am always tired. My wrist is a whole lot better.

I did sew some yesterday and  although I did not complete my list I did get my cooking done and now have  a large pan of enchiladas in the freezer.  I made a big quiche that is delicious.  Also a pot of our favorite beans. Then I did get that last wedding dress out of the shop.  Hooray!

I still have about 9 dresses including homecoming to get out and piles and piles of alterations.

Mom called and she is worried about Dad as she could not get him up to eat last night.  Hub's sister and husband are there right now. I think it is getting closer.

I think if she would quit nagging him awake, he would probably quit eating. I DON"T KNOW IT IS SO HARD.  But I need to be ready which mean I have to catch up in the shop.  SO I will concentrate on that next week.

I did get two bridesmaid dresses prepped and ready to hem. I had hand work to do on them so did that first.  Then I got tired and went to bed early.  Which was upsetting to hubs.  He wanted to go somewhere. Crazy guy.

Today it is soccer games, socially distanced and masked.  We will probably laugh the whole time as these little 5 year olds don't have a clue and often run the wrong way.

I will sew later this afternoon if I feel like it.

I think this will be a lazy Saturday.  I need that.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are int he negative.

Kim

23 comments:

  1. Enjoy you lazy Saturday! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy it. Came home and slept 14 straight hours.

      Delete
  2. Maybe you can take another vacation in two weeks, but not leave the house and not answer the phone? Or plan b might be to throttle back on work accepted…I worry you are wearing yourself out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear that. I am supposed to go to my high school reunion, but I decided to stay home due to the uncertainty of who is vaccinated. Not going to risk my health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly wouldn't go any where that I could not trust the people.

      Delete
  4. Prayers for your IL's. That has to be awful being far away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not good, but it is time. I just feel for Hub's and his family.

      Delete
  5. Glad you are feeling some better, but if you have been exposed to covid by your mil, I don't think you should be around other folks until you have been tested.
    Do your pharmacies not offer covid testing? Every CVS store here has a standalone building where they do testing. Health departments do testing everyday. You can even buy an at home covid test kit.
    Our local hospital has just put up a climate controlled tent outside the emergency room to use as an additional waiting room.
    So many sick people :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do not have CVS here and our health dept is not doing tests only the clinics. I am laying low although I feel fine.

      Delete
  6. There must be a better way to get a covid test than waiting 8 hours. Take handwork with you. Maybe your daughter can find you a quicker way. Maybe you can warn people that your fil is near death and you might have to leave without sewing. That would only be fair to people. I can just imagine how funny the tiny soccer players will be. My son sent me a picture of his daughter. I asked why she had on long pants since they live along the Rio Grande and it never that cool. He exclaimed that those were the shin guards for soccer. She was so tiny that they were too large for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I am doing. We have an imminent death in the family and I can't do that right now. Sorry.

      Delete
  7. Can you purchase your own Covid test and do it at home, just dropping it off at the hospital to run? I have heard about others doing this.

    Be careful and make sure you stay hydrated and rest as much as you can.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are out of tests but supposed to get more in today.

      Delete
  8. Wow, state's do things so differently and are using federal money differently. In MN pretty much all you do is go to any pharmacy or clinic and even some testing sites, and off you go. I'm not sure it's helping as we are still seeing a high positivity and hospitalizations, so perhaps people are ignoring results. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rite-Aids in the east are doing drive up tests. Try your store

    ReplyDelete
  10. In the area where I live in Missouri we have many different stand alone Urgent care clinics that are open from 8am to 8pm and most of them do Covid testing, as do some of the Walgreens, and CVS pharmacies. I don't know what large pharmacies are in your area, but I imagine some of them do testing. I can't imagine that the only place testing would be the hospital in your area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to get a test sometime today when they come in,,but I really feel fine.

      Delete
  11. Oh my goodness, you can't get a COVID test? I wish there were federal rules for this - here in the NYC area you can get them everywhere and anywhere, including in subway stations and outside Yankee Stadium, in addition to all the popup sites in empty storefronts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you are able to get a COVID test soon, Kim. I will be praying for your Dad. And I hope you can get caught up in the shop this week.

    ReplyDelete