Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Wednesday, Bride down

 

Had a bride come in yesterday for her final fitting and pick up.  I had tried the dress on her two weeks before and it fit great I just had to put in or on a net bolero, with lace embossing.  Pian in the A$$.  Anyway, I had a really hard time zipping the dress.  Like she had gained some weight, or something was off.  Like I said I did get her into it.

I was adjusting a few things and she started to get sweaty and was turning a funny shade of purple red. I asked if she was okay, and she said she had eaten a big lunch.  Soon she was swaying, and I told her I was unzipping her dress, I had just enough time to get the zipper down and I grabbed my computer chair behind me and slid it over with my foot and then practically shoved her ball gown dress, train and all into the chair. Kinda of like shoving a large tulle marshmallow.

She did not speak for about 30 seconds, and I grabbed a trash can just in case she got sick.  She was going down fast and not the first time I have had a bride pass out on me.  I made her sit there for a while and she was so afraid she was going to get sick in the dress. I had her take deep breaths in and out of her nose.  Took her about 30 minutes before I would let her get up and get the dress off. Kept wiping the sweat that was pouring off her with a cool wet cloth. Getting her to sip ice water and just sit.  The dress was just loosely hanging on her upper body. I was more worried about sweat stains, but I managed to keep the dress dry.

It was very hot yesterday and she had driven about 2 hours from out of town ate a big lunch and then came in and put on a very tight dress.  I think she will be fine.  She might have to watch what she eats for the next 2 weeks.  SO much excitement.  NOT!

I did get some mums and bulbs planted yesterday and started on another wedding dress.

 Finished it about midnight last night and today I will do another and then all the September dresses will be out.  Yippee!  Well not out but done as far as I can get them without a body to try them on. 

I have way too many piles, and I really don't want to do them.

Both Kelsa and Oliver will be here this afternoon and they will both stay the night and then all day tomorrow so it will be Grandma time.  But I will still be able to get some things done. I think?

Kim


11 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, what a day. I hope she is careful before putting that dress on for the wedding. Geesh, that could be a wedding to remember for all the wrong reasons.
    Enjoy your kiddo time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just really think she had gained some weight and she will have to lose it.

      Delete
  2. I wonder if the bride is pregnant????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered the same thing. Maybe put a what do you call it?????)in case it has to be adjusted in two weeks? Yikes! I do not know what I am talking about though bc I cannot sew a lick… lol. I do know about what older folks used to politely call in the hill country… an “early baby” so I was wondering the same thing. Cindy in the South

      Delete
    2. And… I managed to repeat myself…. Sigh. Cindy in the South

      Delete
    3. I thought the same thing, but I did not say anything to her.

      Delete
  3. My dad used to say, "The first one (baby) can come anytime. After that they take 9 months." Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do brides want skin tight dresses! Many I know can just barely breath or get in their dresses…….SMH

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be fainting if my wedding dress would barely fit and it was finished. I thought of baby but decided to go with extreme stress as the reason for her condition.

    ReplyDelete