Friday, April 12, 2019

Friday,Getting stuff done addition

Look at this sexy seamstress, I have never worn anything off the shoulder in my life.
     I swear, I get two dresses done and two more come in.  I am on the never ending journey of my year.  I know this time is coming but it always surprises me.  The shop is overflowing with dresses and suits.  On top of that are the regular sewing things, like pants to hem, and mending.

     Yesterday I was able to get 5 dresses done and I still feel like I am behind.  Hub's and I went out to dinner and we brought enough home for
dinner tonight.  Then we bought a few groceries.  How romantic we are.  By the way thanks for all of the lovely anniversary wishes from all of you.

     This afternoon will be very busy with clients coming to pick up and to drop off.  I was able to get out for a few minutes yesterday to pay the power bill, the water bill and get new tags for the car. Now there are just a few very small bills left to conquer and the month will be taken care of.  I am anxious to start to save money for the extra house payment.  I should easily be able to make this when everything gets picked up.  We are sticking to a very strict budge in all our other areas of spending.

     Cash only is my motto right now.  I have several tulips I am going to plant with bulbs that are already proven and marked way down.  I would like to pick up a few more as they are going for .50 cents a container right now.    So even though I have way too much sewing to do, I am still inspiring myself by having things to plant.  Just knowing that they are out on the back deck waiting for me gives me hope and lets me sew a little happier and longer. 

     Today I have to get a pile of army uniforms done and alter two mens suits on top of altering two more dresses, and hemming several things.  I might even uncover a few more items that need to be done.  But I know I have a soldier coming in on Sunday from an out of town unit.  I normally do not take clients on the Sabbath, but I make an exception, for military and police and fire.  These people have no control over rips and tears and the schedule they are given.

     Crap I have to be in the basement sewing all day and I want to be outside so badly.  I just keep telling myself that this treadmill is not forever and if I get my work done I can go and play later.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

10 comments:

  1. That is very nice that you take the military any time. They are probably very grateful. Good luck getting everything done. It seems to be that point in the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well most are young with very little money and they don't always plan ahead, and then they get caught, I am like the sewing mother.

      Delete
  2. I agree very nice that you take the people in the military and services when they get time to pop on by. They do a lot for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is important to support them any way we can.

      Delete
  3. Cash is King, Kim. I hope you have a great and productive day too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I did. I would always like to get more done but then realism sets in..... dang

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, but when you have very little and you want to do alot you had better be creative.

      Delete
  5. You are a whirwind! I am sure with wedding season about to happen you are going to be snowed under with dress after dress, not to mention your usual sewing.
    I can't tell you thanks enough for the 5 dollar game. Now when I get one I treat it like gold and hide it until I get home to put it in the stash. So far I have accrued a whopping 45 dollars with 5's since Jan.1. It is still fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't get people to quit giving me 5's it is driving me crazy. I have very little cash because of it, I don't know if it is a great idea or a bad one.

    ReplyDelete