Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Tuesdays, Why is the dog iin the dog house?

     Late Sunday night Hub's heard Rosco barking outside and he hollered at me asking if I had Roscoe?  No I thought he was up with you, well some how the dog had gotten out and had been out for a while in the dark.  When I opened the front door in runs this totally black object.  It had Roscoes shape but not his color.  It was Rosco completely and I mean completely covered in something black and greasy and foul smelling.  So into the tub, where I had to change the water three times as it kept turning black and sandy dirty, I don't know what was shedding off him.

     When I got him all cleaned up he was so excited and happy and ran all over the upstairs shaking. Then we had to spend time drying and combing and combing to get the undercoat out that had released with his bath. I swear  I got another dog in hair while I was combing but I didn't want it all over the house.

     So that was Sunday's excitement.  Yesterday I decided to work in the yard as it was fairly nice although chilly.  I was busy helping Hub's cut the sod out on the front strip and when I came up the stairs to get some home made weed killer, (all natural) I found my flower bed being dug up by a very clean dog.  See picture above.  I think he was heading to China.  He got a stern NO NO. Like that is going to help next time he has a inkling to go on a trip to the Orient.

     So Roscoe had to stay inside for a good long while as I was working in the front yard. He sat in the picture window with his paws up over the Sofa watching me.  Bad dogs who get into trouble and make messes stay inside.

Hubs and I got the rest of the front edging cut and it looks good. This was not done last year so it was much harder to do this year.

A picture of the offending dog  who was taken into the house.


I have the top 100 foot front bed cleaned and what a job.  I will need to add new soil and mulch and figure out what I am going to plant here.
Look at this overgrown weed patch I have pulled out all the rock but Hubs will have to come in for this as my hands are not strong enough to pull this out.
      Hubs grubbed this out while I was at the studio for  rehearsal.  Then I came home and did my days sewing quota and cut out a dress I plan to make for one of the littles.

      The littles are here today so the house is a pending disaster area at least in the basement. The older of the two is almost potty trained.  Yippee!  We are working hard at getting this done, one less in diapers always helps the bottom line. Plus less work for us.

    Once this front flower bed is done the front yard is officially done and I can continue my work in the back.  It will be so nice to have the yard finally up to snuff, it has really suffered the last couple of years.  Mom just took much of my gardening time.





     Well I am going to try and get into the shop and get Addy's Easter dress done today.  After the littles leave I will get my sewing quota done.  I don't think I will get any yard work done today as it looks pretty bad outside.  Drat!

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

8 comments:

  1. I have to edge all along the driveway and sidewalk. It's been a while since the job was done, so I'm not looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is crazy hard work but it helped that the ground was pretty damp.

      Delete
  2. LOL on the dirty dog! They can make our lives crazy, but we sure love them. Your rock bed and pretty edge grass looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I am almost done with the front yard, I can hardly wait.

      Delete
  3. Be thankful it wasn't skunk smell you had to wash off! Years ago we had one of our wolves go running off into the darkness after something. When he came back, we could smell him through the door! I sent the Redneck to the store to buy all the canned tomato juice he could find, while I prepped the bathroom for a major event (Cephas hated bath time, and he was huge. It took two of us and a whole lot of wrestling to clean him). We worked that big mutt over for at least two hours, cleaning and rinsing, over and over. We have since learned that peroxide, baking soda and cheap shampoo goes a long way to 'de stink' a dog easier than tomato juice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a skunk out neutralizer (a large bottle) in the cupboard for just such an event.

      Delete
  4. Goodness...doggies. We have a crazy one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He just likes to make me laugh and make me work!

      Delete