Thursday, April 25, 2019

Thursday, Well I tried...

     It was a whirl wind wonderful day of sewing yesterday.  I really pumped things out and I feel so much better about my situation now.  I have the dress blues on the ironing board ready to cut and hem.  I knew I would not get the whole list done (See previous post) but I did get a good part of it.  I am so relieved.  I even stopped 1/2 way through the day and cleaned up the shop a little,  It is impossible to really clean ass it is too full right now, but at least the floor is walk-able.:)

     Right now, I still have two wedding dresses, and 4 prom dresses to alter and a pile of other alterations that need to be done before we leave next week for a great nieces wedding.  The fact that I was able to get 8 prom dresses altered and out in the hanging pick-up area is a great big win.

     I had to laugh at hubs as I had some bulbs that I had bought that were marked down to .36 a piece that needed to be planted , he mentioned this while we were having lunch (egg salad) on the back deck during my short break.  He also mentioned the huge pot of beans I had soaking.  These were all things that needed to be taken care of, and I just was too busy sewing.   I asked if he could plant the flowers if I put them out where I wanted them. I also had two large onions , 8 carrots , and 4 celery stocks out on the kitchen counter that needed to go into the bean pot.  Could he by chance, clean and chop those for me?  I think he was a little surprised as I never ask him to do this kind of thing.

     After I had a soak in the sun and my egg salad sandwich, I thought to myself.  If I go down and run that rehearsal I will miss out on two hours of sewing.  Plus I will be in rehearsal two more times this week plus all day on Saturday.  I texted the studio owner and said have someone else run the kids I was too busy after all I still have two costumes I need to cut out and make before Friday and my business has to come first.  After I shot her the text I went out and took 10 minutes to plant the flowers and that felt good.  Then back to the grindstone.  I just want to be done.  Everything I do down there is non gratis and it is not that I need to be paid for every little service I do, as I love the kids and I love the arts, but this is my busiest season and I need a little break.

     After 8o'clock last night Hub's and I went to get oil for the truck so hubs can change it out and he will take my car in today for its oil change. I picked up some $2.00 a yard costume satin for the costumes I need to make for Cinderella.  Then we went to Winco and bought our weeks groceries. I had to laugh as this week it was mostly fruits and veggies and stuff we were out of, marshmallows, raisins, almond extract,  things I used up over Easter.  The total came to $50.06   I have been trying to stick as close to $50.00 a week as I can since the beginning of the year.  Once in a while one of us will make a run to the store for a lone item, and spend a few more dollars.  Or when I see a really good sale on a item I will pick it up.  But it is funny how every week even though my items differ, I am usually under the $50.00 I set for the budget.

     Well today it is to finish a few items and get the costumes done, maybe have time for a prom dress or two.

     On a sad note, Cheryl (Cheryls frugal corner) lost her husband this week.  Please shoot her a comment.  I am so sad, as there is nothing I can do or say to make this better. All I can do is to mourn with her and pray that she has comfort in the Lord.  My heart just aches thinking about her.  We just have to stick together and love each other through the good and bad times.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

10 comments:

  1. I am glad you took a little time off from rehearsals for a break. You put me to shame when it comes to working. I mean, I keep busy, but I get tired reading all that you do! Congratulations on staying in the $50.00 range on groceries. I am sorry to hear that Cheryl lost her husband. I will head over there and give her my sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a tragedy that poor dear. We just have to be there for her.

      Delete
  2. I was so sad to see Cheryl's post. Ran and gave Hubby a big hug. Glad you were able to get so much completed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it shows you how quickly life can change and how we need to be grateful for every moment.

      Delete
  3. I think it's good that you prioritized and put your business first. You should probably do that more often. After all, you are the bread winner as I understand it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Carol I think about that often. It is up to me to get the house paid off and get us out of debt. We could do it on Hub's retirement but is would take another 5-6 years and I don't think his health will last that long.

      Delete
  4. It is OK to put your priorities first. I know you love all the kiddos, but eventually, other people really will step up if you step down. If they don't well, then I guess you will know the importance of your work isn't valued enough for someone else to take it on. I felt so guilty stepping down form running the Palm Sunday breakfast, and what do you know? It went on just fine without me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to let go and when I am in rehearsal and see things are funky I just have to step back and say, they want it their way. My way was just one way. You mean they did not burn the eggs?

      Delete
  5. I'm happy for you that you got a lot of your list done yesterday, Kim. I didn't know about Cheryl's husband. I'll go over there right now. THank you for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so saddened by this, our poor dear friend. I just wish there was something more I could do. We are all so far apart, Wouldn't it be nice if we could all just transport ourselves to her door?

    ReplyDelete