Monday, November 16, 2020

Monday, Okay let's be honest....

      I am suffering from depression.  I believe it is brought on by covid and the limitations it has put on my life.  It is fear, not so much for myself but for the world.  I worry about another lockdown and what it will do to people who live in cities.  I worry about what it will do to people who work retail and restaurants.I feel helpless.  I am not suffering in anyway.  I have enough, way more than enough, but I am just blue.

     I have been fighting this by trying to stay as busy as possible.  It is hard because I just want to curl up in a ball and go to bed.  I am lonely and I don't know why?  I feel like I am on a never ending tread mill yet my life has not really changed that much.  I miss traveling to see people I love. (as in flying)

     Lilsis's office is back to work from home, which I am grateful for as she suffers from an auto immune disorder and is on some really strong medicine that lowers her immune system.  Because almost all of our shopping is across the river in Washington we are back to some pretty severe restrictions. Here in Idaho it is not so bad but we could be back there soon.

     I find myself trying to stay busy but not really getting much done.

Yesterday we took dinner up to our youngest daughter and when middle daughter found out she came over with Schmills and Kelsa.  It was nice to have all of us together.  I had to laugh as Swedish meatballs were the glue.  Nathan who had to work made sure to tell daughter he wanted leftovers and a piece of pie.  I planned to come home with enough to have a meal today and that did not happen.  Mom's cooking is still a thing for this family.

I did take small red potatoes to daughters house and showed her how easy garlic mash was to make.  It is not a secret.  You boil your cut up spuds, add a tablespoon or two of finely minced garlic, a cube of butter and a little milk for the right consistency.  Mash all together salt/pepper.  I did 5 lbs of potatoes and all were gone. What can I say this is Idaho?

Today I am going to work on another Native American dress and clean my shop.  I have chicken breasts out to cook and I think I will do up a pan of enchiladas and chicken fingers tonight. I do have some work in the shop but nothing that is pressing.  I think I need to be pressed.

Are any of you sufferer from covid depression? What are you doing to fight it?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim

25 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes! It's just not knowing what the future will bring. I miss the grandkids so much. It's just a culmination of so many worries and things. Just taking it day by day. We can do this. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it is good to know we are all in this together. I am so grateful I get to see my grand kids.

      Delete
  2. I can relate so much. My parents are traveling so see us this week. I'm nervous for them, but it's really important for them to see the kids, and they are taking all possible precautions. After that, we will all quarantine & have cancelled Thanksgiving & other plans.

    Here's hoping there is a glimmer of "normal life" again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to say good, but it does give me comfort that you too feel this. I don 't want to be the only one that feels this way, and maybe just maybe this is a little normal.

      Delete
  3. Yes, this season of life has certainly left me blue. And like you, other than a couple of things like meeting up with friends or going out to stores, I really don't have any room to complain as my needs are met. I just worry for others and for our country as a whole. It just seems like everything is broken. But I'm trying to stay positive with daily text chats with my cousins, work, and cleaning out and organizing. I sure hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandi, I feel guilty that I feel this way when I have so much, but I feel better knowing I am not the only one.

      Delete
  4. No, I am not in the least depressed. I do worry what is happening to the people in Ceentral America right now as another hurricane hits. I worried about me today when Tommy hit my back so hard, I was sure he injured me. All I wanted him to do was help when I was choking.

    But, I am trying to stay safe and keep Tommy safe, a difficult job.

    Hopefully, you can overcome this. I don't know how. Can your faith help you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry about your back, Certainly my faith helps, I just feel blue.

      Delete
  5. You know, I have been feeling off lately.
    I think perhaps you summed it up for me.
    Prayers and love, my friend.
    We have the thought we are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you have said what many of us are feeling. I don't think the political crap is helping either. Hopefully we can get back to some sense of normal in a few months. Hang in there! Brighter days are ahead! I have to believe that...sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to believe it also. Waiting for a vaccine.

      Delete
  7. I am not clinically depressed but I am definitely morose about being so confined. Before covid I was doing a lot at Mom's so some of my social activity had lessened, but I still had a couple of things I did weekly as well as several monthly events. Additionally TheHub and I went out every Friday night, and we had season tickets to a couple of theater venues. I miss being around people. I guess the only thing that has kept me sane is emptying Mom's house and getting it ready to put on the market (Fingers crossed next week will be the time). If I were a heavy drinker I might hit the cups, but the only thing I drink more than I should is coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes having your mom's house certainly has kept you busy, I am not clinically depressed either and I don't drink, maybe we should?

      Delete
  8. baby boomers are going to get abused and treated like garbage in the retirement homes. Maybe you boomers shouldn't have been so selfish and arrogant and greedy. Literally everyone hates baby boomers now. Enjoy those retirement homes, and good luck, boomers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, boy, you really should get a life! Jealous, much? I’m even going to sign my name, you coward!
      Debbie

      Delete
    2. Dear Anonymous, you need a new paragraph. I have seen this comment on so many blogs. I'm sure you make your parents ashamed. Good luck to you as you're going to need it!

      Delete
  9. it is called officially covid fatigue. There are several articles on line about it and what to do. Since you mention regularly you still have family and other around I would say you are a extrovert and that you should include that in your googling of covid fatigue. I know it helped my daughter that is a bartender and not working. I have no desire to get this crap or give it to any of my kids or grandkids. So we don't see anyone. I drop Daughter 4 who is fighting cancer. stuff off on her porch. She sprays it with Lysol before taking in the house. She has taken to going for a ride in the car once a day to get out of the house for about 30 min. She walks 5 dogs, each by their self 1.3 miles every morning. Says it helps with the I can't do anything feelings. She is bipolar so swings easy into depression. I am an introvert so don't care to go do anything, shopping, visiting etc.I take my dogs out 3 times a day and walk the perimeter of the property.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exercise, certainly helps depression, I need to try and get more if the weather would co operate.

      Delete
  10. Yes, I am suffering from depression, too. It is hard isolating. I try to stay busy and I read a lot. You are not alone in your feelings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you and I both my dear. I just want to rip off this feeling like a coat!

      Delete
  11. I think there are quite a few folk out there suffering from a type of covid depression Kim. I have heard of lots & you are not alone my friend. Take good care of yourself - you will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I just wondered if anyone else felt like me. I feel guilty I feel this way.

      Delete
  12. Definitely down about what is going on, so I try to keep as busy as possible and phone those I love quite often. Perhaps what I am really depressed about is that now with more slow downs and more cases my surgery seems to be farther off once again.

    What helps me the most is getting outside and walking.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie, I need to get outside more. That is something I have let slack this past month.

      Delete