Saturday, November 14, 2020

Saturday, No one to move?


  Here it is a Saturday and I have no one to move or to help with moving things.  Don't quite know what to do with myself.  I am still in p.j.s and it is almost 1 o'clock. I am like a ship without a rudder.

     Daughter came down yesterday afternoon and she helped me organize the food storage.  Hubs split this already existing shelf unit that had three large /tall /deep shelves into a seven shelf unit.  So I am able to store my canned goods and misc. items.  Now I can see what I need to buy and rotate things accordingly.


 I was able to clean out freezer and I found 4 applesauce from last year and I thought we were out. So I placed those on top to use asap. Daughter went to dollar store and bought me 5 small bins that hold my chicken, pork, beef, veggies and butter.  So I just have to remove turkey and pull out bin.  Much better than digging through this deep freeze.

Still have no idea what I am going to do today, other than I have to make up a batch of Swedish meatballs and a dutch apple pie.  I found three packages of ground beef that were not double wrapped so I want to get this made up into something.  Also when hubs peeled,sliced and froze large bags of apples he did not use freezer bags and the regular bags just tear after time.  I have a large torn bag in the fridge and I will need to do something with them.  That is okay the pie can cook while I cook meatballs. Trust me hubs won't complain.

So I had better get dressed and do something with myself. I mean really no one is moving?  I find this hard to believe.


Have a great and productive e day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim

14 comments:

  1. You need a downtime weekend! All that found food - is yummy free food this week! ENJOY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did,it was nice to just choose where I wanted to be.

      Delete
  2. All that moving and having babies in the same few months made me tired. I have moved with infant and toddler, and it is not fun! Of course, I had not one soul to help me. Getting fod organized sure helps when cooking or buying. Mine is sort of organized but there is more to do. I don't understand what he did to what shelf. You need a day in pajamas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, I see the tall unit on the left with extra shelves added.

      Delete
    2. Now I can see what I need and what I need to use!

      Delete
  3. Yummy, found food as Cherly says is free food.

    Getting organized is a wonderful idea.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right there. I had more pork than I thought and of course always have so much chicken. Lucky I love chicken.

      Delete
  4. This week is my get the laundry room totally cleaned (yes I have been procrastinating since August) because I absolutely have to defrost the freezer, inventory everything in it and get ready for the holidays. If I DON'T GET IT DONE PLEASE MAKE SURE SOMEONE GIVES ME A SWIFT KICK IN THE _____!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will volunteer for the kicker position, if you do the same for me.

      Delete
  5. How nice your pantry looks, Kim. Glad you were able to get it all organized. Nice that you found the 4 applesauce's to use up too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kitchen organizing is always a blessing & a curse for me. I feel lucky to have access to lots of goodies, but it means more work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to organize my spices but it is still a mess.

      Delete
  7. Well done. Im trying to figure out turkey dilemma. Prices are low this week, but I don't have freezer space.

    ReplyDelete