Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Wednesday, Veterans Day


 Thanks to all those who serve or have served this great country. To you we owe much and you will never be forgotten.

     I do miss not getting a poppy.

     I did sew on some jobs I had been procrastinating. Like new pockets and buttons and lining on a leather coat.  It was a hard job.  Then I relined another large wool coat and gave it new pockets another big job.  But they are done and out of my hair.  I had a military uniform come in that is needed by tomorrow, and I have a couple more pairs of pants to fix.  Then I will start working on another project for the Native American store.

     Our cat whom we have had for 4 years, really did a number on me last night.  She stays out most of the time and her littler box is in the garage.  When she is in she sleeps at the foot of a bed.  Last night she was having a fit about 5 in the morning and I refused to get up with her.  She had never done this before.  We have had cats that would have us get up with them at all hours to let them out or in so I was not going to start that.  Well I stretched out in bed and my feet were wet.  That little vixen had peed on my bed! I had to get up strip the bed and let the cat out.  This will not happen again.  She has this one chance.  I will get up from now on. But if this happens again she will have to stay out or in the garage at night.  I told Hubs if he wets the bed the same goes for him. Gross, disgusting, I am still horrified.  I love animals to a certain point and my point is reached. I really blame myself as she obviously was telling me she needed to go out.  So I have been doing laundry all day.

     Several customers have picked up today and I put a small stew in the oven for dinner.  Hubs just got in from raking up the neighbors leaves  and he has to be at the high school at 5.  Lil sis is going to do my hair tonight.  It needs to be done badly. I have the house torn up as I vacuumed and now I need to mop all the floors.  But I am going to do a little sewing first.

     Grocery adds usually come out today, and they did not so I wonder what is going on?  I need to find a good deal on a Turkey and some fixen's. This is the time of year to stock up on a few things.

     Do you stock up this time of year? If so what do you stock?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim


15 comments:

  1. If a cat peed on my bed, it would live outside. You realize she won because now you will does as she wants. I think I would keep her in the garage or the litter box inside. Those are hard sewing jobs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well she will not do it again and live at my house end of story.

      Delete
  2. No mail on Veterans Day.
    You exhaust me with all the work you do! I tell people i can run circles around my husband but you beat me, by a mile!
    Yep, the cat won.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for laughing Kim but I did laugh about the cat!! Its horrid I know ... mine drive me bonkers all night long & I rant at myself & my husband for ever starting this behaviour where it seems they rule the house. Two flipping four legged furry creatures rule this house!!!! Goodness knows how I ever managed to raise sons!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. baby boomers are going to get abused and treated like garbage in the retirement homes. Maybe you boomers shouldn't have been so selfish and arrogant and greedy. Literally everyone hates baby boomers now. Enjoy those retirement homes, and good luck, boomers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She might have a kidney problem Kim. I would definitely get her checked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so, she is just a little spoiled, but I will watch her.

      Delete
  6. No doubt she really needed to go out-rare for animals to change behavior for spite, unless she is getting old. I missed getting a poppy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of our cats live to be 17-19 and she is 4 so not old just demanding.

      Delete
  7. I had dog do that. Figured it was my own fault. I would rather get up and start my day early then clean up the mess.

    ReplyDelete