Sunday, November 15, 2020

Sunday, Thank goodness for kids

 

  This is what happens when you rip open a huge bag of frozen apples at my house.  Hubs is in heaven.

Yesterday I was lonely and did not want to work around the house. I called my sissie, she was lonely too.  We all are just so isolated by this virus.  Not that we can't or don't get out, but we do not get to socialize in the same way we used too.

I called D#2 and Nathan was still sleeping from his shift and she desperately needed a bath  and a nap.  So I happily drove up there and saw Nathan off to work, then held Kelsa for I think about 5 hours.  Mom bathed and so did the Schmills then everyone napped.  I came home about 8 p.m.

Hubs had been out most of the day building wheel chair ramps.  He had made his own dinner.  I started on Swedish meatballs and made up about 5 dozen so about 1/2 what I normally do.  I froze three dozen and I am taking dinner up to my youngest daughter.  We will have meatballs, garlic mashed potatoes, green beans, salad and pie. I can't wait to see Oliver.  He will be 4 months old next Friday.  That seems hard to believe.

I really need to dust and clean this house, but that can wait until later.  Can't decide if I am going to decorate for Christ mas as we will not be here.  Part of me says no and the other part says do it, as I have way too much Christmas stuff for this small house and I need to downsize so much of it.  So tell me what would you do?

I am still going to do my traditional baking as I can bring people joy with that along with about 10 pounds on my a$$.  Also Sluggy will need her box o'crumbs.  She will need to explain.

Have a peaceful Sabbath my friends.  I am going to snuggle my grandson.

Kim

13 comments:

  1. I forget, why won't you ne home for Christmas? If you will enjoy the decorating and the results go for it. If decorating is just one more task, then do minimal. My humble opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will be going to our daughters in Twin Falls if covid cooperates then we will spend Christmas day with Hubs folks who cannot leave their home.

      Delete
  2. I would decorate, just me. How is that pie made? s it a top crust or a crumble crust on top? If you had time, you could share the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely decorate for Christmas. It will be fun to go through all your things, take a few walks down memory lane, put things up and decide what you're done using. Recycle it to a thrif store early and someone else can enjoy it for it's next life!

    Hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will depending on how busy the shop is.

      Delete
  4. Wow, that is a BIG pie. My husband would go nuts over this. Apple pie is his favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hubs managed to get two pieces so he was happy.

      Delete
  5. That is one super large pie.

    We decorate for Christmas whether we are here or not. I think you would miss not having the decorations around you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will decorate,what if covid acts up in the family and we are not allowed to go visit. We would be alone in a non decorated house.

      Delete
  6. Oh Goody! Another box of crumbs. lolz
    If you don't want to decorate you can come here and decorate. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could get there I would be there in a moment. Miss you and sis so bad.

      Delete
  7. I would decorate. I love sitting in the dark with the tree lit. It brings me peace and calm. I already have the tree up, I always put it up the Friday or weekend after Thanksgiving; however, I needed peace and calm early this year.

    ReplyDelete