Monday, November 2, 2020

Monday, Our check finally was applied!.


 Whew!  I thought it would never happen, but our check was finally applied to our retirement account.  It took so long and I was starting to panic.  I could not imagine the taxes we would owe if we could not pay this money back.  It still have not cleared the bank, but it will.  Now I feel like I can breathe and set a budget to help pay back as quickly as possible.  

     I sat down and paid all the bills this morning and am looking at how to best utilize my money for payback.  I can sens my Sissie her check and then pay at least $1000.00 more than the principle this month to get started.  I also really want to get the car paid off and was hoping to do this my Christmas, but that is not going to happen. Instead I will focus on bills with interest and we have a couple of them, due to the move.  The car is at 0% so that is a no brainer.

Spent the weekend working with lil sis and her house is down to just the coal room full of mom's stuff.  Everything else is out and at her place.  Hubs and I went to her house this morning with the truck and took a load to the dump, empty boxes and more things that were not usable.

Yesterday I had pork out to make a pork and sweet potato  dish  and the missionaries called and begged a dinner. It was the 1st of the month and they just got there new stipend but would not shop on the Sabbath, thus having very spare cupboards needed a meal.  So I pulled out porkchops, and home made apple sauce.  Cooked a huge amount of mashed apostates and pork gravy.  Hubs said they will never eat that many potatoes.  They must have been very hungry because the potatoes were gone.  Dinner was very quiet with just a lot of satisfied sounds.  I think the poor things were really, really hungry.I had purchased bags of m&m's on sale 70% off sent them home with large bags of candy and they were thrilled.

I still can't believe that loan is no longer a worry. I hate to have to pay the money back, but I also love having a larger nest egg for later.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim

15 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you got the money finally. I think some businesses are using Covid as an excuse for whatever they aren't getting to in a timely fashion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got the money we just could not put it back. I was so afraid that they were going to come up with some excuse and we would have to pay taxes on $55,000. Yikes! But it was taken and the account is back to it's former glory (well depending on the election) I would just rather pay back the bank at 2.78 right now as quickly as possible and earn at least 10% or more on this account. Last year it averaged over 15%. Hope I did the right thing. But don't worry you will have to listen to me whine about it for years.....

      Delete
  2. I am glad you got that settled! How many guys did you feed? Men can eat a lot of mashed potatoes, I have found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only three and we thought it would be 6 so we were so shocked! They were just hungry for soul food. Nothing says soul food like pork gravy and mashed potatoes.

      Delete
  3. You are a wonderful person, Kim.
    So many are blessed by your kindness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that the missionaries know they can count on you. No one should be hungry in this world.

    Glad the cheque went through that is one worry off your mind.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know it was giving me sleepless nights I tell you.

      Delete
  5. That is fantastic news for you, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Belinda, it is so nice to have one less thing to worry about.

      Delete
  6. I know! How are you? I worry about you and pray for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another thing out of the way! I am like Sluggy and think institutions are using Covid as an excuse. If all transactions are held up just one day, imagine the interest that is accrued.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello iv from Ireland and followed your blog for ages. Could you please tell me a little of what missionaries are.
    Thank you Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, Coivd excuses for not getting work done on transactions like your? No. I know what can get from with staff spread out hundreds of miles apart-even more efficient than in the office at times, and I work in red tape wading boots.

    ReplyDelete