Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Wednesday, Just exactly what I didn't want....

      So here we are waiting and we have a close to call election.  The worse case scenario and the one I did not want.  Living in a democracy can have its handicaps but I still would not trade with anything else.  I just hope and pray for a peaceful outcome. 

     Daughter and I got so much done yesterday.  It was great.  They are still waiting for a desk to arrive so they can complete the office, but I think I could call her 90% moved in. I got in some Kelsa cuddles, and Schmills was home with a runny nose, so I got to take him a happy meal which he was so happy to get.

     Hubs has been at the High School all week and will be there through Saturday, due to a colleague contracting covid.  The numbers are way up here.  I am just being as careful as I have always been. 

     My shop is a nightmare pigsty and I have ignored it again for several days.  But no more, Today I will go in and organize the bombed out place and I may even vacuum.  Don't hold your breath!  The shop is full of zippers so I need to make a run to Joanns some time.  I have a bridal fitting later today. Another reason to clean up the shop.

     Our local grocers finally came out with some good sales with stock up prices. So I took my $50.00 weekly grocery money and spent it at one store.  I will also go to another and stock up spending next weeks money, but that is okay.  I try and keep food as low as possible so when a good sale comes along I don't feel bad buying extra.

     The only problem is that I have never organized the food storage from our move and I can't put what I bought away right now.  I need to organize both freezers so I can find all the butter I bought last spring and rotate it.  SO this will be a big job and I do believe that it will call for some garage reorganizing.  I am sure I will need another food storage shelf.  This must be done.  There is no way around it.  For right now it will stay in piles.

     I feel a list coming on:

1. hang up all sewing that is done

2. make sure sewing that is done is called

3. hang up sewing that needs to be done

4. take stock of zippers

5. vacuum the floor

6. go to joanns

7. go to Indian store

8. try and set up ironing tonight it is really taking over closet.

9. get at least 5 piles of sewing done Got three done

10.  At least empty chest freezer and organize

11. Go on walk with daughter before she teaches.

I think that about covers it!

Now I need to get busy

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

17 comments:

  1. We are following your election results with interest Kim - all the way over here. I hope you get some things ticked off your list my friend. I am painting my dining room & am at the stage of wishing I had never started!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate that stage of things and all you can do is move forward.

      Delete
  2. Busy gal - busy life. Keeps the mind occupied.
    Hope you get the freezers done - that will really help future purchases.
    Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not get there but there is always tomorrow!

      Delete
  3. Tommy has been "helping" me by wandering in the kitchen and putting food on shelves, just any old shelf. And, you know what?--I don't care...lol.

    I hlpe your husband is extra careful at the school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you got things done or just said to heck with it and read a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you managed to get most of that rather long to do list checked off.

    Watching the election up here in Canada as well. I do hope that things settle down soon and you know who the winner is.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't this a mess? I am ticking off the list and hope to get more done today!

      Delete
  6. The democrats have won and now they are going to take away all the wealth the boomers accumulated over their lives with high taxes and cutting SS, and are going to destroy your white suburban neighborhoods with low income housing. Everything you boomers spent your entire lives working for is now going to be destroyed. And you deserve this for selling out your own children's futures. You are feeling hopeless right now? Congratulations, this is how your children have felt for the past 20 years. Your karma is coming, boomers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Surprisingly, I avoided the minute by minute reporting of no result yesterday and concentrated on work. This weekend I'll concentrate on my house-and some pantry restock. I Think I am where you are-not hopping for meals, but shopping good prices, and knowing I can make meals with what is on hand at lower prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine has been mostly baking, but I will make alot of baked gifts.

      Delete
  8. Hubby is turning down work that takes him out of state except to M's parents as they do no contact with any of the drivers at their business. Drivers unstrap the trailers and then honk their horn and stay inside their trucks. Employees unload. When they go back in, driver leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you get the shop clean and your pantry organized. It's hard to be patient while wafting for them to count the votes, but I'm trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have to stay busy so I don't sit and listen to the crap.

      Delete