Friday, November 13, 2020

Friday, Negative tests on all!

      Well we dodged that bullet for now!  All family members are negative for covid.  As my kids live in Idaho and Washington the rules for returning to work are different. Eldest is back to office and youngest is home until next Wednesday. Middle daughter is bringing Schmills and Kelsa down this afternoon for a few hours and I can't wait to snuggle.

     Nate came down frantic last night as his unit was working the Governors detail and all had to be in like uniforms.  He could not find the navy blue dickie that went with his dress uniform.  It was misplaced in the move.  So he called me from Wal mart and I told him to buy a t-shirt the color of the dickie.  Then he came by and I whipped one up in about 5 minutes. Total cost $5.40 for the t-shirt.  I got to be the hero.

     I took in a mock up to the Native store and the owner loved it so much she sold it immediately while I was standing there.  I was going to go home and make few adjustments.  But oh well, I am going to knock out two more skirts today and another dress if I can.  I will take pictures.

    Hubs is going out to build wheel chair ramps tomorrow.  They want to put him in charge of a crew as the community action agency is far behind on ramps.  Hubs looked at general plans and thinks he can actually make ramps in parts here in our garage and then put them on the trailer and do the final fitting at the houses.  This would be so nice as our garage is large and heated.  Right now the crew has to work in the rain, wind and cold. But as they are behind with covid they have to get at least 8 of these done asap. The community has metal ramps that can be borrowed but they are all out on loan.  Wooden ones have to be built and soon.

    Hubs also built shelves within an existing unit in our garage for the food storage.  I am excited to go out and start arranging the new space.  I think it will be great and I will take before and after pictures.  So excited to get this done.  I worry about Hubs with power tools, but he seems determined to use them. 

 I have Indian regalia waiting for me and I needs the money.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim

20 comments:

  1. Awwww....I love that you got to b the hero for Nate. I know that made you feel really good. I'm so happy you all tested negative for Covid. That is the best news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your results were negative!!!! Enjoy your weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Close call. You don't want that Covid Crud! My son, tested positive yesterday. He works at a medical facility - so that stuff is majorly contagious. He's doing alright though. He's young.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well many don't even have symptoms and then you have the ones that really get sick, so who are we? Scary.

      Delete
  4. Yes, you are a hero for your skills. A dickie is about the easiest garment to make, but it does take imagination and skill. My grown daughter did call me all the time with sewing projects. AND, I got to fit with her measurements. That made me nervous.

    I am so happy for all the negative tests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it was not hard and knits are easy to manipulate.

      Delete
  5. Good for all! I'm imagining the dress-I am sure it was phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really as Native Americans should decorate their own regalia, but it was a good base.

      Delete
  6. How wonderful that you all tested negative, I know things are really bad in the United States. The numbers seem to be rising so very quickly.

    Glad that you got to be the hero for your son.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is scary here and I would not worry so much but we are so isolated and the fact that I would be separated from my kids is hard.

      Delete
  7. Wonderful news all around. It's got to feel great to me the MIL Superhero!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for the negative results for all. How ingenious on using the t-shirt to make a dickey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well our choices at our local Joanns are limited and this was the perfect solution.

      Delete
  9. Great news all around, and so wonderful your husband can help with the ramps!

    ReplyDelete