Thursday, November 12, 2020

Thursday, Covid is winning here. Thrifty Thursday

      Both my second daughter's children have been tested for Covid.  Schmills and the baby have colds and Schmills goes to a school where the priest that teaches in his class came down with covid. Daughter is also sick with cold and body aches so she went to be tested last night. Just heard from Eldest daughter that her secretary just tested positive so she is on her way home from the courthouse. Now I don't have to have any contact with these two, but I will miss my Kelsa cuddles.  I may have been exposed.  I always have a slight cough and sinus due to my meds, and body aches are a norm so,??????

     All I can do is be careful.  I wear a mask and stay away from people.  Although it is our turn to go to church this Sunday we will not because of the huge # in our area.  Little Sis's office is getting inundated with covid so she might be working from home again soon and I wish she would.

     I have a few things to get out today.  Some ref pants and a set of army clothes.  One thing I do is not get near my clients with out masks.  But the fact that so many people are now testing positive means I may have to shut down for a while.

     I started on an new American Indian dress yesterday and I am anxious to keep working on it.  I love one of a kind design.

 Today is thrifty Thursday, where I list the things I did this week to save money:

1. Made all meals from home and from scratch.

2. bought gas out at the reservation saving .29 cents a gallon worth the 4 mile drive out and back

3. found .26 one quarter and one penny put it in my pig bank

4. Added $50.00 to my $5 bill savings  so up to $315.00

5. Daughter needed more storage in her bathroom and I bought her an over the toilet nice wooden storage unit that is normally over $100 for $25 on facebook marketplace. It was part of her birthday gift

6. Purchased a very expensive baby swing for $60.00 on facebook market place.  We needed someplace for the babies when they come and I can sell this when they outgrow.  This normally retailed for over $200.00 I swear it has so many options it could fly to the moon and back.

7. Purchased our loss leaders at grocery store in Washington to avoid grocery tax. this averages about 5-6 dollars a week, but hey $20.00 a month adds up. 

8. waited to get our Turkey for .49 a pound by purchasing $50.00 worth of loss leaders for the storage.  You could get  a Turkey free by spending $150.00 but I did not need that much, nor did I want to spend that much.

9. Saved a 10% off coupon from getting Hubs flu shot for my Thanksgiving shopping trip as I knew it would be higher that usual. Took off $7.68.

10. used coupons on every item purchased at Joanns and will pass on savings to myself (smile)

11. Had Lil sis color and cut my hair (she has a beauty license) this saves me over $100.00 every time

12.Did curb side dog shots at vet saving 10%.  They take dog out of car and return them to your car. Saves them time and they might just stay this way after covid.

  Just got word from daughter #2 that Schmills and baby and her family are Covid free! 

 

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

 

Kim


20 comments:

  1. Kim,
    That news is great! I hope you have clients wear a mask over mouth and nose to keep you safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me I do and if they don't have one I have extras hanging outside the door and they keep the mask! Win/win.

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy they tested negative. They really don't know the impact yet for little ones and I am sure your daughter is still recovering form child birth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought: you could still sew for others. Have them deliver in a closed bin with their name and date on it. Move the bin inside, stack it, and wash your hands. Wait 5 days before removing the lid and handling content.

    I'm so sad we're such a mess in Idaho. I know of folks in rural communities who are positive. They are not telling anyone and they are not quarantining. It is maddening! Looks like we only have ourselves which I think some of us already understood!

    Take good care and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just very careful. Sanitize constantly then have to use lotion my hands are so dry!

      Delete
    2. I'm a recently retired OR RN. I totally understand too much sanitizer for healthy skin. It's not cheap but I honestly recommend CeraVie. It's magnificent. Or, bag balm from the farm store but with it you need to put gloves on for 30m while it soaks in. It is much cheaper.

      Delete
  4. I’m glad their tests were negative. I know you’re very relieved too,
    Closing your shop sounds like a good plan to me, you’ve been working very hard and saving and this might be the best time to take a break. Covid is no respecter, some people just get a cold and others get it and die or suffer for months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I'm so glad they tested negative.such a worrying time for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Jackie, it is not just me but my kids and grandkids. I am so glad my mom is not here to live through this. I can't imagine what it would be like if she were still alive. She would not understand why I had to keep her home. I took her out everyday becasue she liked to shop. She could only have as many items as she could carry in her lap, once she could not see due to items stacked I wheeled her chair to the checkout. All the store managers still remember me because of this. We ate that food down for a year after she passed. But it was her one solace.

      Delete
  6. I am thrilled they tested negative. My sister is in my bubble but we just heard form news reports that her polling place seems to have been prime for covid exposure. They had some issues and people were waiting in line 3 or 4 hours to vote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my. It is such a weird virus. One of our good friends got it and his wife did not?

      Delete
  7. So glad they tested negative. Other than that sounds like you had a frugal week, that is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just trying to see how much I can send to the house loan at the end of the month.

      Delete
  8. Sending good thoughts for you & your family. What a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I'm glad your daughter and Kelsa and Schmills tested negative, and I hope they feel better. Hope you feel better too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very relieved and they are coming this afternoon!

      Delete
  10. Stay safe. My son just tested positive. He's only 36 so he should be fine.

    ReplyDelete