Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Tuesday, Busy with family

      My goodness has it been three days since my last post? Where has time gone? It is all a blur these last three days.  What I do know is that I need to get busy and sew, as I have been very lazy in that department.

Yikes!

     Friday daughter and I went all over with masks on to find things and we found very little as we have really no shopping here to speak of.  But we did get quite a bit of things done to her house and it is almost complete.  Thank goodness!  She is busy with baby and trying to get used to a new place.  I spent the night with her Friday night and we had a slumber party as her Hubby had taken the kids up to their  other grandmothers.  We slept in and had a nice visit.  I came home and made a double batch of homemade egg noodles for my large stock pot of chicken soup.

     Sunday was busy also as Hubs had made arrangements to do the missionary run and as it takes about 5 hours daughter agreed to go with him.  I stayed home and helped Lil sis empty the coal room.  We only had two hours and just as I suspected most of the contents were her things.  There was about 4 large boxes of pictures and things of moms.  I went through them and many were really moldy and had to be tossed, I kept anything I thought might be of interest  to Sissie or other family. Not much was saved.  Just old photos that were so badly faded and people we did not know.  Old school pictures of moms. I thought about my large bin of pictures and what my kids would do with them when I pass.

     I raced home at 3 so I could bake some bread and make a dessert as we had three female missionaries to feed.  We had homemade chicken noodle soup, hot fresh bread and I made up two apple strudel pies.  It is nice to have crusts ready in the freezer to just roll out and the apples already in the freezer to just dump into pie.  Great meal really not much work.  Hubs and I watched a Sunday School lesson while I did up all the dishes.

     Yesterday I was woke up by Lil sis early as she wanted my help at her old place and new place.  I got up and dressed and we were not done until almost 3 so no sewing or blogging.  We made two trips to the dump and several trips to her house, but I can officially say she is out of the old place.  The only things left are a trailer and some outdoor things attached to the patio which she and her boyfriend will get this weekend.  It is so nice to be done with that huge task.

     Now I can concentrate on Kim's life.  Like sewing and getting my food/freezer storage organized.  Hubs wanted to do it today but I said no I really have to get into my sewing room and get things done.  It is nuts. Again I have things to do but not easy things and I like easy things.  So I procrastinate and do nothing.  I am good at that.

     Do any of you procrastinate when you don't want to do something?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

 

Kim


13 comments:

  1. Oh I procrastinate all the time. Hence the choosing of numbers for projects. If I can just concentrate on one thing and know the longest I will work on it is a week, I seem to be able to do things.

    However my biggest procrastination is tidying the sewing/craft room. Lots still to do in there.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I jumped off the same star in that department. I don't like a tidy sewing room.

      Delete
  2. May I ask - what is a "missionary run"? You refer to them often, and I always wonder what it means. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are the housing stewards for our church. We are part of the Spokane Washington mission. Hubs and I check 11 apartments in our area. 8 here and 3 in small towns outside our area. It is 40 miles to the first another 25 to the next (so 75) then 25 to the next and then home. The loop takes about 5 hours to complete. We check for cleanliness (remember these are teenage boys) problems, fix things that are broken, find furniture and in general check up on needs. It is a big job at times.

      Delete
  3. Yes, I do procrastinate, but most of that is due to pain. Formerly, I was a house afire with accomplishments galore. I have worn down over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I procrastinate. Hubby is worse though. He gets that crown. Right now family and friends are being encouraged to NOT visit together. We hit over 6000 testing positive in ONE day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my that is bad we are rising here also. Be careful my friend.

      Delete
  5. I always procrastinate Yes, time for Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been meaning to join The Alabama Chapter of The Procrastinators Club of America, but just haen't gotten around to it yet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I do procrastinate too Kim & then when I finally get started I get to a point where I wish I had never begun!!~ I have been painting my dining & kitchen area & I feel like that. I hope you get to do some of your sewing my friend.

    ReplyDelete