Friday, February 18, 2022

Friday, Kim needs a keeper.

I have discovered in the last two or three days that I need a keeper.  Anyone willing to do the job?  It pays poorly, but you will laugh a lot. 

I am feeling better with every dose I take.  Still suffering from some vertigo. This morning as I was cleaning up some things in the bedroom and trying to get all unpacking put away, I went to place something in the trash can next to the bed.  I heard both the doorbells ring and stood up way too fast and hit my head VERY hard on a large bookcase that hangs from the wall.  I hit it so hard, that even though it is secure it jogged it enough to then send a picture of my two brothers from the top shelf onto head  in the exact same spot I had already hit my head.  With the vertigo, I went spinning back into the dresser and started to cry.  I rarely cry, I have a very high pain threshold. 

As the room was spinning, the dog was barking, Kelsa was screaming because I was crying and Hubs was in shock and checking my head for blood, I knew somewhere in my addled mind, that I had heard bells.  Was that my head injury?  The room was still a little tipsy.  The dog was running back and forth down the hall between the two doors.  He is trained to do this as when Hubs does not wear his hearing aids, he has to be alerted that there is someone at the door. I could see Roscoe was in a state, but I didn't know why?  I could not get myself pulled together enough to get to the doors.

I started shouting at hubs over the din that there was someone at both doors.  One was a bridal party for final fitting and pickup and the other just a pickup. Of course, he did not hear the doors and he was more concerned about me, he does not react quickly or well to intense situations and has a tendency to freeze and just go into what I call Parkinson's shock.  After finally starting to scream three times there are people at the doors, and I mean I had to scream, because he was just standing there unable to unlock himself.  He got the bridal party in and then the man at the door.  I was so embarrassed.

I tried to quell the tears, but I had no control.  All the while I had the fitting tears rolled down my face and I kept wiping them away.  I was okay, I just could not get them to stop. This has not been a good week. But the bride got off okay and pleased, thank goodness, after my theatrics. I had another bride in within minutes and I had to explain my appearance. I just want to lay down and be done with the world.

I am going to have to sew tomorrow as I don't want to get behind and I just did not feel well enough yesterday to sew more than about 5 pairs of pants. Now I have a unicorn horn on the back right side of my head. By the way the picture was of my two brothers tossing a ball to each other when they were in their teens.  I think they both enjoyed hitting me and I know it is their fault.

I need to complete all the pants and I think there are at least 17 pairs, and then I have a grooms suit to alter, and a bridesmaid dress, and three rather easy wedding dresses to do to feel like I am caught up.  Also need to alter my nieces wedding dress and I think I will do that first and also get Lil sis over here to try on her dress, so I can mark it. That way she can take them next week to the shower in St. Louis. She can leave her mother of the bride dress there and that is one less thing to pack for the actual wedding.

I need a keeper.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim
 

28 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Kim - you should get your head checked out, you might have a concussion! A jostle to the brain can cause bursts of crying like that.

    I just want to give you a big hug! What a stressful time - it does sound like you've been pushing down a lot of your own needs in favour of others, and perhaps the dam burst a little? Please take care of yourself first! If you need a break, there is no shame in it. Your health is important! Sending you good vibes! Thank you so much for the recent comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shiela and you are right, I was in a state of some kind of shock. That is the reason I could not get control of myself. Oh, who is kidding, am I ever in control of myself? Snort!

      Delete
  2. Remember Bob Saget? I just hope you wake up tomorrow. I will get you a football helmet. I need a keeper, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WEll I didn't think of him, but now that you mention it.

      Delete
  3. My goodness that sounds like quite the bang to the head, hope all is well with you now. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You poor thing. Please keep a handle on the bump and your vertigo. Hope today is better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're feeling ok this morning. You've had quite the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just a bad week, and I know this one will be better.

      Delete
  6. How apropos your brothers got knocked off the shelf by your hard head!
    Please be careful and slow down. I may need a keeper for the next few days as my filter is wearing thin.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, I was worried about that. Can't wait to hear the low down.

      Delete
  7. Nothing to laugh about, friend! That sounds painful and enough to make a person cry and want to be left alone. Please watch how you are today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took it easy the rest of the day and on Saturday.

      Delete
  8. That sounds miserable. I'm so sorry to hear that, and please take care of yourself, get some rest, and watch how you're feeling today. You need a break, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I did. I thought I would just bounce back and I didn't.

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh... take it easy, and monitor yourself. And tell everyone you need help.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ouch Kim, I hope you try to take it easy for the next few days. When I hit my head at any time it really hurts so I really feel for you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my lump is smaller, I was thinking of naming it there for a while.

      Delete
  11. I am so sorry you were hurt and even sorrier that I actually laughed while reading this.
    Begging a million pardons!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry that you were hurt on top of vertigo. I have vertigo, so I know how awful it is. Hope you start feeling better sooner than you expect. That is a lot of sewing. Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very crazy here and I am needing to figure out how I am going to handle the bridal season.

      Delete
  13. Oh no, Kim. Please take it easy the next few days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, I know longer am, but I stayed down most of Saturday.

      Delete