Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Tuesday, the party is over and February Goals


 Well, I must say that I did it!  By the skin of my teeth, I completed all the goals I had set out for January.  Well, I could have had more faith and been a little less whiny and a little more grateful.  Still working on that one.

This month's goals are very similar.  It is going to be a little harder as the month is shorter (not that I am complaining) and I have more bills. So, I am going to have to be even more careful where any extra money goes.

There are extra bills in February that occur once a year and I can't get out of them along with a new payment on hub's hearing aids that throws a wrinkle into the mix.  But let's see what Kim can do when she puts her mind to it.

1. I always send my aunt $500.00 on her birthday Feb.11th to help pay her house taxes.  Sissie sends her the same amount at Christmas. This was our father's last request of us, to take care of his sister and keep her in her home.  She has very little to live on and we just make sure she has what she needs.

2. The computer protection is due $65.90

3. the car goes in for oil /rotation $100

4. hub's hearing aid payment $500.00

5. Valentine's Day and daughters and grandson's birthday? 

So how am I going to accomplish this?

1. continue the pantry/freezer challenge (this saved about $200.00 last month)

2. sew, sew, sew

3. try and cash flow some bills and gifts from shop

4. do all of my usual savings' strategies. 

Scary but I think I can do it.

By the way the shop is crazy busy again.  Just like that! I have had at least 10 people here so far today.  Money ought to start coming in pretty regularly.  Now I just have to do the work. Yeah, that part.  But let me tell you I am excited and grateful.

Sissie and I email every day and her mornings email stated that she has to go into Sluggy's room every day and make sure it is pristine as her Husband likes to use it as an overflow of his crap.  I had to question this?  Not the overflow part but the fact that Sluggy has a room at Sissie's house, and I don't. Just sayin.

Do you think this is fair? After all I shared a womb with this person A WOMB and I don't get a ROOM.

I have a big pot of red kidney beans soaking and I am going to go in and get a chili started and then start sewing.

We got a call last night right when Kelsa was getting picked up to get down to the food bank as the they had a truck coming in and needed pallets of food boxes done up so the trucker could take off.  It was two hours of fast furious work, and we were understaffed, so that made it all the more exquisite, I use that word lightly. I am a little sore today, my back is twingey.

DO any of you have goals for February?  If so what kind?  Are they financial?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim

 



 

21 comments:

  1. Congratulations on reaching your January goals! Yes, I would think that if you shared a womb you would be granted your own room too! We have 27 year old identical girl triplets in our family and I get all that sisterly sharing stuff!! Hubs and I have dashed to the foodbank many times to package items straight off the truck and then drove miles delivering it. It's a wonderful thing to be able to share. I found out so many in my community are living just one paycheck (or illness) away from not being able to buy food. Right now we have a lady that our small town is taking care of every day. We don't know her and she lives in a tiny house on the edge of town. She doesn't ever come outside or let anyone know anything about her but everyday someone from our community will leave her food, water, blankets, and more just outside her door. Maybe in time she will trust one of us enough to share her story. Sorry to rattle on but I am a nervous wreck today, we have a baby on the way and are waiting to hear news. Momma and baby were doing fine when they broke her water a short while ago. Keep those posts coming, I enjoy your goals and your stories. ~jackie~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So exciting a new baby. Let me tell you they are the best!

      Delete
  2. First, let me say that 1. on your list is a wonderfully kind gesture. You should be commended. What a blessed woman your Aunt is.
    5. wouldn't cost me a bit - it would all be homemade. Just saying!!! Hint, hint
    I agree, you should have a room!!!! Again - hint, hint.
    My plan for the month is to actually accomplish something! I am so over January and the blahs. I think I have done more yesterday and today than I did all January!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny how a month or what we perceive as a period of time can affect us mentally? I know I sewed more yesterday than I have in the last two months, and it was so nice.

      Delete
  3. Well maybe if you lived closer to Sissie you'd get a room at her house too! lololz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no you are her favorite don't try to brush this off, you know it and I know it and I know you know it....

      Delete
  4. Amazing, Kim. Where there's a will there's definitely a way and you found it. Hey come visit Sissy the Feb 27-March 5 and we can meet up! I'll bet Sluggy will share her room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you going to be in DC? That is so tempting.

      Delete
    2. Official- Sunday to Friday. Figured I needed the kid back two days before she has to drive back to school for laundry, homemade food, and so she can see her dad and grandma a bit. Tempting, tempting. Airfare was cheap!

      Delete
  5. What? Sluggy has a room? Ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't even know sluggy was visiting her. You did well this last month. Aren't there any guys to get boxes off a pallet? Or, were you making boxes to give away? Good luck on the sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we were making up boxes to be put on a truck.

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful act of kindness to help your aunt and honor your father. That just warmed my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Sissie and I always laugh at that line in Sense and Sensibility. "People will live forever if there is an Annuity to be paid to them." This has now gone on for over 10 years and she is 87. But I love her bunches.

      Delete
  8. It is so wonderful that you honor your fathers wishes by helping his sister. That is what life is all about. You are a good soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori, It,upsets her kids, but then they could be a little more generous.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on meeting uour goals...good luck for February!
    I have so many things I have to get done this month... Its going to be a busy one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get what you want done. I know my life is getting busier.

      Delete
  10. Hello Everyone,

    Welcome to the future! Financing made easy with Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS

    Have you been looking for financing options for your new business plans, Are you seeking for a loan to expand your existing business, Do you find yourself in a bit of trouble with unpaid bills and you don’t know which way to go or where to turn to? Have you been turned down by your banks? MRS. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS says YES when your banks say NO. Contact us as we offer financial services at a low and affordable interest rate of 2% for long and short term loans. Interested applicants should contact us for further loan acquisition procedures via Whatsapp +12156195367 profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

    Services rendered include:

    * Refinancing Loans
    * Car Loan
    * Truck Loans
    * COVID-19 Financing Loan
    * Home Loan
    * Mortgage Loan
    * Debt Consolidation Loan
    * Farm Loan
    * Business Loan [secure and unsecured]
    * Personal Loan [secure and unsecured]
    * Students Loan and so many others.

    For more info; Contact us via WhatsApp Number +12156195367 Email profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

    With Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS. you can say goodbye to all your financial crisis and difficulties as we are certified, trustworthy, reliable, efficient, fast and dynamic

    ReplyDelete