Monday, February 28, 2022

Monday, Kim and avoidance


 I am so good at some things!  I am quite proud of my skills at avoidance.  Like is my shop cleaned?  NO!  Is my sewing caught up? NO! 

But did Kim have a nice weekend doing things she liked?  YES!

Did I get the one sewing project done that was a rush job on Saturday?  Yes! But that was it, all my well laid plans went out the window as I putzed around. Just enjoying my free time, that really wasn't free, but I made it so because I am like that.


I did get 16 jars of mixed berry jam made and it is so delicious.  Like you just want to eat it out of the jar.

Of course, because I gave the mouse a cookie, I also had to make homemade bread to test it out.


As I am not making bread weekly anymore because of HUB's diabetic issues, I had to throw away a few ingredients I used all the time.  My sesame seeds, wheat germ had gone rancid.  So, all I added was rolled oats and no nuts.  I like a WW bread with lots of stuff.  But this was delicious. I will send a loaf home with daughter and with missionaries, so we don't eat it all.



So, when you don't bake bread regularly.  You don't store fresh ground flour. Therefore, I had to grind some.  Hub's went out to garage to bring in the grinder which was covered in dust.  (I am going to make a dust bag for that.  Put that on my list of things I will never get done, but what a good idea!) Why I get nothing done....  Are there meds for this?

Now I have bucket of fresh ground flour which I will have to use in the next few weeks. Dang!


Also made a pumpkin pie.  I pulled an eight-inch crust out of freezer and then tried to get it to fit a 9-inch pie plate, so it is a little dismal, but that did not affect the taste. 

I also made up a nice large pot roast dinner, which we will continue eating on.  Did a few loads of laundry and cleaned the kitchen a lot. 

How does one get jam makings all over the kitchen?  Watch Kim cook, she makes it easy to spread chaos.

This is what happens, when Kim notices a spill in her freezer and goes to clean it up.  I should have just left it there for months.  Then I would not have made a pie, and I could have thrown away the 8 cups of different fruits I had in there as they would have had freezer burn.

Now I have to really put my nose to the grindstone and get my butt in gear. I swear I will, I will.

DO any of you do this?  Please tell me I am not alone. I know I have asked you these questions before, but I need constant reassurance, that I am going to survive myself infliction.


Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

 

Kim

 

27 comments:

  1. Do I do this? Oh no - never, never! LOL - of course we do!!!!!! Been doing that a lot this winter. You kept mighty busy and got a lot done. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would do the same if I had the energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well dear, when you have deadlines, you nail them...every last one. So as soon as those come up, you'll get crap done. Kinda like, you made jam because the fruit was going to expire in the freezer....right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I guess, so why do I beat myself up? You are much less expensive than a therapist and better at it:)

      Delete
  4. I had gotten a 4 piece deli chicken pack last week and when I was going to put it in the fridge, I saw a spill. I stopped, got distracted and washed the fridge, completely. Then about 6 hours later noticed the bagged chicken on the counter!! Still, and threw it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you and I jumped from the same star. Club and t-shirts for all!

      Delete
  5. I do all the same things, except I am far less productive than you are! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you are not, join my new club. T-shirt size?

      Delete
  6. You're the only person I know who says they got nothing done, and then describe all this. I bet the jam was incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm frankly boggled at all you do, Kim. I don't even do a fraction of this! I took out the garbage and recycling today. That was a Big Deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you looked like a million bucks doing it. I, however, did not do my hair or my makeup and believe me I really need to. I was probably in an old pair of bib overalls and clogs. But I had on great sox, because a lady has to have something to feel good about!

      Delete
  8. You do know if you made jam and bread you did a whole lot of work you call nothing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really, you throw the ingredients in a bosch mixer and let it run for ten minutes, and jam does not take a lot of time, except clean up. I am still finding little purple spots. It is like I used a spray gun to put it in the jars.

      Delete
    2. I have wanted a Bosch mixer forever!! Is it worth it?

      Delete
  9. I LOVE homemade jam. Yours looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely. My jam never sets up hard like store bought, but it sets enough to spread. I think they must add a gelatin or fillers.

      Delete
  10. I need to get some seeds planted. Go to the shed for soil. Can't get in because the recycling bin fell over. Go through other door and pick it up. Send Hubby to the collection site. I got "something" on my shirt. I take it off and pretreat. Switch over laundry while I am at it. Strip the bed because it needed it. Picked up magazines and took them out to the recycling in the shed. Remember I didn't take anything out for dinner. Pull out a roast. No onions. Call Hubby and he stops to pick some up. Get off the phone and wonder what was I doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMY, you are a member of the club, I need your t-shirt size and want to know if you will run for office?

      Delete
  11. I have some blueberries in the freezer I need to use, but I plan on making a syrup from then for my waffles as a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We all do, we just don't all talk about it. FYI M throws a towel over her grinder, her mother in law uses a pillow case, another one in that family uses plastic bag. ALSO wheat germ, nuts etc. should be kept in the freezer especially once you open the container. AS I sit here reading your blog and others instead of cleaning the house, arranging a place in basement for storage water or what ever else is on the list I did not bother to even make on Sunday (my list making day).
    Blessed Be

    ReplyDelete