Monday, February 7, 2022

Monday, busy weekend, I need to recover


 Well, the sour cream cut outs were a hit, or I should say are a hit. Schmills was happy to help and by the way he made Monster's hearts.  As monsters do have hearts you know, and they are nice inside those monsters.  They are only not nice on the outside. I have this on good authority.

 Kelsa was given a tiny bowl with frosting in which to dip her cookie.  She then painted the counter with her cookie dipped in frosting.  Then she dipped her socked foot into her frosting and frosted the counter, then grandpa took her away and she was mad.

I am a very messy cook and


making these kinds of cookies usually means the kitchen is covered in flour.  I also made two pans of shortbread one dark and one light. How can a cup of butter, 1/2 cup sugar and then 2 cups of flour taste so good? 

So, Saturday night the kitchen was at least somewhat clean.  Well not the floor, as I would be cooking for the missionaries on Sunday, and I was sure to make a real mess then.

Don't tell your grandson that if he doesn't take a bath, he will have to sit with all the stinky people in the back of the church, as he will immediately ask where they are when he gets to church. Like loud enough for everyone to hear. An 18-month-old can crawl under the pews, and you cannot.  This will result in a game of frogger, while you are in high heels. Just little bits of advice, because I truly care about all of you.

The roll menu was a huge success, unless you looked at the kitchen afterwards. Rice everywhere.  But boy was it good and we had very happy tummies. I still need to put away all the dishes and unload the dishwasher and really wipe down the cupboards.  There are plenty of leftovers, so yum again.

I have two wedding dresses to get to work on today and Kelsa is here but sleeping.  Hubs just went to get Schmills from school.  Daughter will pick them up at 6.  

We are leaving Thursday morning to go to daughters in Twin Falls. We will stop and get Hub's mom and take her with us.  It is Fraka's birthday on Friday, and daughter's birthday on Sunday.  Then we will have Valentine's Day and we will leave the morning of Daniel's birthday after he opens his present.  Just a quick get out of dodge trip and a check on mom.

I have to fill my saving envelopes and get my money to the bank for the 5's that I saved and my 2-envelope challenge. Saved $35.00 in 5's this week.  Another $100 to my two-envelope challenge. Then putting a $1,$5,$10,$20 bill in a envelope.  All leftover monies will go to my weekend trip.

I just ran into shop, and I have a lot more to get done than I thought.  I had better get busy.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are int the negative.

Kim

25 comments:

  1. No pics of the foot painting? I would love to see that! Monster hearts are fun!
    Oh, I was laughing too hard about church - now that is funny (unless it is you).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you, Kim!

    I enjoyed your post - you have a gift for funny writing! I could imagine the chaos of baking with a child (I think?).

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheila, I have a funny life. I love your style. My style is bib overalls, unless it is Sunday when I dress up and then I have to put on shoes, I call it my two hours of hell. Very arthritic feet and I live in Danskos. But I love how you put yourself together.

      Delete
  3. Valentine cookies are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS DEB, THEY ARE YUMMY TOO. I KNOW I HAVE ONLY EATEN 12 OF THEM THIS MORNING.

      Delete
  4. I told you so about the dinosaur hearts! My two older were 2 yrs 3 mths apart. I could write a book on church adventures with those two. The things my son (older) said in church left me shocked. They don't know how to whisper! The church members were always laughing or shaking their heads.

    Socks in the frosting! It must have been quite a sight and a mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my mother always said she lost more religion than she gained just getting us ready for church.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the laugh today Kim ... I really needed it!! I laughed about Kelsa dipping her foot in the frosting but I laughed more about grandson asking where the stinky people are in his loud voice - can just imagine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I try sometimes, but grandmothering is hard work.

      Delete
  6. I need to come & visit, because frosted sugar cookies & shortbread are two of my favorite things! I will help clean up. :-) I'm loving the visual of frogger at church!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO did everyone else as I heard the titters all the way up to the front as I chased the little bugger. Remember 1 cup butter, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 cups flour bake at 300 until firm and golden. Just tryin to help...

      Delete
  7. Your sweets look so delicious! Thanks for the smile today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh I"m sorry but I lost all concentration after reading about the kids... I miss having kids that age around... Such mess and such fun!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I kind of laughed out loud reading the church tales. I would have loved sitting in the back of the church when he asked where the stinky people were! Also chasing a toddler under the pews is a pretty funny mental visual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and the little bugger had to go clear to the front as I was chasing her. I had an asthma attack after I got her out int her hall.

      Delete
  10. Your cookies look delicious! Schmills sounds like a character; what a fun imagination! And Kelsa will keep you on your toes.
    How do you make Kimpa? Sounds like a yummy meal.
    Safe travels and Happy Birthdays to everyone celebrating next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you cook rice, then add a bunch of seasonings to it. Then you Julien carrots, and cook them in sesame oil, you scramble eggs and make them into egg sheets, you buy diakon radish and slice it thin, and you boil fresh spinach and then drain it well and fry it in sesame oil and add toasted sesame seeds, and you get fake crab and cut it in thin strips. After this is all assmebled, youc

      Delete
    2. sorry I went to correct the spelling of assembled and hit the wrong button. Then you layer your rice on a sheet of nori (sea weed) and layer each of these ingredients and roll into a sushi and cut with a sharp knife. This is not a recipe for the faint of heart. I was taught how to do this by Korean women and I worked with them several times. It isi a lot of work.

      Delete
    3. Sounds like a lot of work, but I know your guests enjoyed it.
      I have made Japanese sushi so this is similar in a way. Thanks so much

      Delete
  11. Oh my, your story of the "stinky people" brought back memories.

    Our oldest son was sitting in the doctor's waiting room with me one day when he was about 4 and looked across the room at a Hutterite gentleman.

    "Mom, is that man Santa." Of course I answered in the negative. Kurt got a bit louder and said "But he has a beard like Santa." Once again the answer was in the negative, and since this was louder the magazine I was holding got a bit higher, and closer to hiding my face. Kurt waited a bit and finally said "But Mom he is just as fat as Santa" in a very loud voice. After this my magazine was hiding my blushes by being held right in front of my face.

    The gentleman in question laughed very loudly, called Kurt over put him on his lap and asked what he wanted for Christmas. So very glad that he took a youngsters questions in stride and didn't take offence.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

  12. can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


    Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Everyone,

    Welcome to the future! Financing made easy with Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS

    Have you been looking for financing options for your new business plans, Are you seeking for a loan to expand your existing business, Do you find yourself in a bit of trouble with unpaid bills and you don’t know which way to go or where to turn to? Have you been turned down by your banks? MRS. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS says YES when your banks say NO. Contact us as we offer financial services at a low and affordable interest rate of 2% for long and short term loans. Interested applicants should contact us for further loan acquisition procedures via Whatsapp +12156195367 profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

    Services rendered include:

    * Refinancing Loans
    * Car Loan
    * Truck Loans
    * COVID-19 Financing Loan
    * Home Loan
    * Mortgage Loan
    * Debt Consolidation Loan
    * Farm Loan
    * Business Loan [secure and unsecured]
    * Personal Loan [secure and unsecured]
    * Students Loan and so many others.

    For more info; Contact us via WhatsApp Number +12156195367 Email profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

    With Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS. you can say goodbye to all your financial crisis and difficulties as we are certified, trustworthy, reliable, efficient, fast and dynamic

    ReplyDelete