Monday, February 21, 2022

Monday, Surviving Kim


 Thought I might send you a picture of Slugs Christmas present to me.  Yes a donut blanket, because you can never have to many donuts.  It is heavy and thick. and warm.  I know because it was my friend this last week.  Well when I could get the cat, or the dog off it.  I have forbidden the dog to get near it, and the cat, well, you look at her.... DO you want to fight that?

Also Kelsa loves, it I am sure for the color, and insists on being snuggled down in it for her nap.  Which Grammy loves also.

Even thought I was very busy and behind, I just took Friday off after the last Bride showed up.  I think Hubs was a little afraid of me. I just rested and slept.

Saturday I slept late and could hardly get myself going, until late in the day.  I did a little house work and also switched out the Valentine things for the St. Patty's, but that was it. I wanted to get some sewing done and even made a list, but my body just would not have it.

On Sunday, Hubs let me sleep in late, something he never let's me do.  I woke at 11:00 shocked.  He was already for church and I stayed home, just the thought of having to wear a mask for two hours with  this infection, was enough to put me over the edge. I spent a good hour in a hot bath and it was wonderful.

About 4 p.m., I finally rustled up the energy to get 16 pairs of pants done, and also tailor a grooms suit.  Then about 8 o'clock after the first dinner I have cooked for hubs all week, and an hours break, I was able to complete my nieces wedding dress alteration.  It took about 3.5 hours, but it is done and out of my mind.  Lil sis will pick it up this afternoon.

Today I have 3 brides due in, so I am on the run.  I have so much to discuss, but just can't today.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

 

Kim  


12 comments:

  1. Lovely blankie - looks cuddly and warm. Sweet baby on it too!!!
    Even sick you do a lot!!!! Glad you got some rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I am very behind now and I don't know if I will catch up. But I am grateful, to be feeling better.

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful quilt. Slugs did a good job. Some days and sometimes for several days, the body says to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That donut blanket is beautiful & looks so snuggly Kim. I have been away to my Mums (Again) & am just catching up on everyones posts (Again) !! I hope you are feeling much better soon ... I am pleased to read you are resting sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you took some time to rest and recoup, even if it is just some partial rest. Take care of yourself please!
    Love the very appropriate blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute blanket. Your cat looks comfortable.
    Glad you rested. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the cutest blanket, Kim. Even when you’re sick you get so much done. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I can also lay around and do nothing for days.

      Delete