Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Tuesday, Kim needs to pay more attention


 So, after the kids left last night, which was about 6.p.m. I was finally really able to get into the shop and start what I thought would be a couple of hours of work.

Boy was I wrong.  I knew there were some piles, but these were hard piles.  Like time consuming piles. E-gads.  I also had a wedding dress that needed to be ready for a fitting by noon today.  I knew I would never get up early enough to get this done, so did not allow myself to leave the shop until it was ready.

I was sewing until mid-night.  I have to start paying attention.  I had several things that were due out today, which I did get done before the wedding dress, but I also could have done them last week, instead of making myself crazy (I know, I know).

I have two wedding dresses to finish today, and one has a horsehair braid hem, which I hate, but I will persevere until they are finished.  Also need to make a few phone calls for pick up as we leave on Thursday morning.

Hubs said his mom is so excited to go with us. She has not been anywhere since we took her home after New Year's. I sure hope she has had some visitors.  I get a little upset with family that lives down there including her in things, but again this is not my family and I need to keep my mouth and mind shut.

Hubs is out trying to load the ATV into the truck backwards, which scares me to death.  I told him to load it forward and just bungy cord the tail shut. But he will do what he will do.

Tonight, I will make more egg rolls as I have all the ingredients and I can freeze the leftovers. 

Our middle daughter comes here almost every day for lunch and then takes a nap for an hour or so.  It kind of depends on her patient load.  I just think it is so cute.  Bear with me please I am a mother, who adores her cubs.

I just remembered that I need to go pay the water bill today or tomorrow before we leave.  Don't want a late charge. Put that on the to do before I leave list, along with some ironing.

I talked to Slugs and Sissie today about a possible trip.  Excited about it but will not happen if it does until next fall.  I can prepare now. 

Okay I am going to get my butt into the shop.  Are any of you procrastinators?  I am bad, but I want to know how many of you have this marvelous trait?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim


24 comments:

  1. Lunch at mom's with an hour nap sounds perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, If I had been able to do this I would have.

      Delete
  2. My daughters pattern all fall was to come over to watch the football game with her dad on Sundays, proceed to fall asleep, then wake up and watch the last half of the 4th quarter. She just would fall asleep, knowing she had nothing to stress her out. It's nice to know we are the warm hug they need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that. Just safe at home with people you love and no stress.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I can procrastinate, for sure. But, mostly my lack of action is because of pain and brain fog. I miss my mother being a soft place to land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,they were a soft place. I remember telling my Lil sis that when she was going through an awful divorce. Just come home to mom's it is a soft place to land.

      Delete
  4. I'm largely not a procrastinator. I'm pretty organized & disciplined, but I have two modes: full sloth, or productive. When I hit full sloth mode... I struggle to make it off the sofa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I am really the same way. It is kind of all or nothing with me.

      Delete
  5. I try not to procrastinate. Like Hawaii Planner, I am organized and disciplined, thanks to taking a full load of classes, and working full time. I used to have those two modes, but recently, it's been an even tempo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I think it really depends on what is expected of one on a daily basis and our lives change. Sometimes we have to be super organized and then we get a break.

      Delete
  6. I am a procrastinator BIG TIME! I no longer have a mum but I like a snooze after lunch. I don't know where you get your energy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What energy, I am dragging and in I have to mode.

      Delete
  7. When it rains it pours! Some people work better under stress - you seem to be one of them.
    A future trip gives you something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do work better under stress, I always have, but I don't think it is that good for me.

      Delete
  8. So nice that your daughter comes for lunch and a nap. You're a good mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so sweet that your daughter comes for lunch and a nap. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, good food she does not have to cook, and a warm bed and no one to wake her.

      Delete
  10. I only hope that someday I will be able to feed my grown daughter lunch and tuck her in for a nap in the midst of her busy workday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely feeling, that you are still needed and wanted.

      Delete

  11. can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


    Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Everyone,

    Welcome to the future! Financing made easy with Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS

    Have you been looking for financing options for your new business plans, Are you seeking for a loan to expand your existing business, Do you find yourself in a bit of trouble with unpaid bills and you don’t know which way to go or where to turn to? Have you been turned down by your banks? MRS. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS says YES when your banks say NO. Contact us as we offer financial services at a low and affordable interest rate of 2% for long and short term loans. Interested applicants should contact us for further loan acquisition procedures via Whatsapp +12156195367 profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

    Services rendered include:

    * Refinancing Loans
    * Car Loan
    * Truck Loans
    * COVID-19 Financing Loan
    * Home Loan
    * Mortgage Loan
    * Debt Consolidation Loan
    * Farm Loan
    * Business Loan [secure and unsecured]
    * Personal Loan [secure and unsecured]
    * Students Loan and so many others.

    For more info; Contact us via WhatsApp Number +12156195367 Email profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

    With Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS. you can say goodbye to all your financial crisis and difficulties as we are certified, trustworthy, reliable, efficient, fast and dynamic

    ReplyDelete