Saturday, February 5, 2022

Saturday, Sunshine and baking


 The sun is shining today, and it is in the high 40's.  Love the sunshine. Hubs and I went out to get sodas this morning and we stopped a got chicken feed, and then I stopped a got sour cream for my cookies and a prescription.  I was happy to see that I had 3 month's worth and another refill of the same. This standing in pharmacy lines every week for hours at a time in the midst of masked sick people is getting old.  But we had to get a new doctor as our old one retired and every prescription has been a month at a time and then beg for a refill.  New doctor just can't take the word of old doctor.  Maybe that is a good thing, but still it has been aggravating.

We have kids due in this evening to stay the night.  I am going to make up a batch of sugar cookie dough and start my shortbread.  I am thinking, where is my shortbread pan? 

I will be interested to frost cookies with the Schmills as his Christmas cookies were all monsters.  Just what will he do with heart cutouts?

Missionaries are coming over for dinner tomorrow.  I am making Kimpa a Korean sushi roll, shrimp eggrolls, and Hawaiian spam rice rolls.  Everything is a roll.  Well, I might throw in an apple salad as I have apples to be used and some wilted celery that needs a home.

Our funeral was hard, and listening to his 5 kids was painful, but I am so glad we went. SO many good stories and lots of tears and laughter. Hubs and I went out after funeral and got a few things for my dinner tomorrow.

There are now 5 wedding dresses in my shop.  I am stoked.  Plenty to do, although a couple of them are nerve racking hard. It is just one step at a time. Horsehair braid is becoming more and more popular, and it is a pain to alter, there are two in the shop now!

Well, I am going to go put together a pan of short bread and while that is baking, I will make up my cookie dough and put it in the fridge. I should probably figure up something for dinner as poor Hubs has eaten chili all week.  Hmmmm. Maybe spaghetti. That would be a nice change, but a very small portion, not a Kim mega meal portion.

Hubs has been outside all morning; I wonder what he is up to?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim


19 comments:

  1. Monster hearts! There are monster hearts, you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must have been channeling Schmills that is exactly what he did!

      Delete
  2. Hi Kim! Yes, I agree about the doctors today. And picking up prescriptions! Ugh! Have a nice evening. And your meal for tomorrow sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun with the coolies - look forward to hearing or seeing what he comes up with!
    Have a lovely Sunday. The sunshine sure is wonderful to see!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing, and today it is 55 and sunny; where is that swimsuit?

      Delete
  4. Shortbread is one of my favorite foods ever. OMG. So delicious.

    We have had a really mellow & lovely day, with a few big highlights, so that was nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shortbread, 1 cup butter, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 cups flour, that's it. So good.

      Delete
  5. It's been a beautiful day here. I went for a walk by the bay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm lazy so don't do cut out cookies, but think they're fun. I'll be curious how his turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well he decorated monster hearts, you know monsters do have hearts.

      Delete
  7. I like your blog,I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in
    traffic density,which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    ប្រដាល់តាមអនឡាញ_Thai Boxing
    ស្លត់អនឡាញ_SLOT ONLINE

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you on getting a prescription. It gets old fast. I found a new doctor in November and it has been so much better! Hang in there, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hated losing our doctor he was an old dear friend. The new one is nice it is just getting them to prescribe things 6 months at a time, so you are not back at the pharmacy constantly.

      Delete
  9. I'm making Valentine's Day cookies next weekend. I can't wait to hear what your Grandson decides to do. Kids minds are magical. Have a great Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monster hearts, which look very much like human hearts as monsters are nice inside. I have this from an expert on monsters.

      Delete

  10. can't believe that this man is so real, how can I thank you enough, I can't fail to testify about the good things you have been doing for me and now you still went ahead and do same for my friend, please everyone if you have anything disturbing you please your solution is hear with Dr.osupalagba the great spiritualist who can solve any problem in a twinkle of an eye. No matter the problems, whether spiritual problem, you want to get your ex back, promotion in your workplace, spiritual cleansing, fruit of the womb, mental illnesses, protection for gun, protection for cutlass, protection for bottle, protection for snake and scorpion bites and cure. Are you a victim of any of the above listed setbacks, you can contact Dr.osupalagbavia Email: osupalagba.temple@gmail.com


    Call/WhatsApp +2347051667586

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Everyone,

    Welcome to the future! Financing made easy with Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS

    Have you been looking for financing options for your new business plans, Are you seeking for a loan to expand your existing business, Do you find yourself in a bit of trouble with unpaid bills and you don’t know which way to go or where to turn to? Have you been turned down by your banks? MRS. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS says YES when your banks say NO. Contact us as we offer financial services at a low and affordable interest rate of 2% for long and short term loans. Interested applicants should contact us for further loan acquisition procedures via Whatsapp +12156195367 profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

    Services rendered include:

    * Refinancing Loans
    * Car Loan
    * Truck Loans
    * COVID-19 Financing Loan
    * Home Loan
    * Mortgage Loan
    * Debt Consolidation Loan
    * Farm Loan
    * Business Loan [secure and unsecured]
    * Personal Loan [secure and unsecured]
    * Students Loan and so many others.

    For more info; Contact us via WhatsApp Number +12156195367 Email profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

    With Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS. you can say goodbye to all your financial crisis and difficulties as we are certified, trustworthy, reliable, efficient, fast and dynamic

    ReplyDelete